• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

WTP Cutting Summary not showing species

DaveJ

PRO Member
Hi , I have been mucking around with WTP trying to improve my learnings with it, and every time I paint some segments and check the summary view, it alwas shows the base as the species I chose, but the rings are always the default, e.g. I paint alternate rows Mahogany and Ash and the summary shows all rings as Mahogany. Well this morning I discovered that if I paint the rows using the Species select tool on the left in the row details box, I get the summary view the way it should be Woohoo!!! I then export to Excel as usual and I don't have to manually change them as I have been doing. Anyway, I thought I would share it, as I can't be the only perosn getting it wrong....or maybe I am :)

Hi Dave.
It would be helpful if you would attach your wtp file for us to look at.

The default species column is what you have chosen as default. It can be changed by selecting the disk or ring and changing the species in the row detail window.

In WTP when you paint a segment it will be listed on the right hand side of the summary sheet in columns labels S1, S2, S etc.
What S1, S2 is listed on the bottom of the summary table.
Doing this from memory but I believe while you can paint any number of species the summary table is limited to 5 species.

Attached is an example wtp file I made to show how the species are shown in the summary

Attachments

• Example.wtp
    2.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi Dave.
It would be helpful if you would attach your wtp file for us to look at.

The default species column is what you have chosen as default. It can be changed by selecting the disk or ring and changing the species in the row detail window.

In WTP when you paint a segment it will be listed on the right hand side of the summary sheet in columns labels S1, S2, S etc.
What S1, S2 is listed on the bottom of the summary table.
Doing this from memory but I believe while you can paint any number of species the summary table is limited to 5 species.

Attached is an example wtp file I made to show how the species are shown in the summary
Hi Lloyd, Thanks for replying. I did not realise that there were extra rows showing the different species S1, S2 etc as my view was set to 150% :)
I thought the default species column would show the woods needing to be cut (in my case Ash and Mahogony) If is select the row and change the species I can get it to show in the species column but not if I paint them, however the painted segments show in the S1 S2 column... learnt something else today thanks. Not an issue for me anymore and thanks again for making an awesome piece of software and I am just staring to realise how powerful a tool it is. All the best, Dave
Lighthouse test is the file I had the issue with and Lighthouse 2 is the one I am using and works for me.

Attachments

• lighthouse 2.wtp
    4.1 KB · Views: 5
  • lighthouse Test.wtp
    6.4 KB · Views: 6
Hi Lloyd, Thanks for replying. I did not realise that there were extra rows showing the different species S1, S2 etc as my view was set to 150% :)
I thought the default species column would show the woods needing to be cut (in my case Ash and Mahogony) If is select the row and change the species I can get it to show in the species column but not if I paint them, however the painted segments show in the S1 S2 column... learnt something else today thanks. Not an issue for me anymore and thanks again for making an awesome piece of software and I am just staring to realise how powerful a tool it is. All the best, Dave
Lighthouse test is the file I had the issue with and Lighthouse 2 is the one I am using and works for me.
Glad it is not an issue anymore for you.
Thanks for the wtp files.

Mike (moderator).

Hi Guys. Sorry to be a nuisance but I still can't figure out the summary sheet . I can see the detailed cutting summary view in WTP and all is well. S1 and S2 etc. However, when I export to .CSV file the S1 and S2 are missing and it only shows the Standard view in Excel. I can print the detailed view from WTP but I wanted to alter the excel spreadsheet but I don't have all the info. I have attached some files to show what I mean.. My excel version is 2007

Attachments

• Potpourri Pot.wtp
    7.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Potpourri Pot only shows standard view details.csv
    532 bytes · Views: 2
  • Potpourri Pot Screenshot 2024-04-23 163141.jpg
    Potpourri Pot Screenshot 2024-04-23 163141.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 5
Hi Dave:
The issue you are having is known. It is how the export to CSV was programed in WTP years ago. Not sure if or when Lloyd may include the species in the export to CSV format.

Mike

Hi Dave:
The issue you are having is known. It is how the export to CSV was programed in WTP years ago. Not sure if or when Lloyd may include the species in the export to CSV format.

Mike
My understanding is that there will not more work on WTP either modifications or bug fixes.

My understanding is that there will not more work on WTP either modifications or bug fixes.
Not surprising since WTP has been around a long time.

It is still one of the best segment planning software out there.
imo, it does not take that much time to export the summary and add the species column and the data in a spreadsheet if that is what a preson wants to do.

I generally just print out the summary within WTP and mark it up if needed.

Hi Dave:

Mike
Hi Mike, thanks for the reply at least I know it's not me doing something wrong.

Not surprising since WTP has been around a long time.

It is still one of the best segment planning software out there.
imo, it does not take that much time to export the summary and add the species column and the data in a spreadsheet if that is what a preson wants to do.

I generally just print out the summary within WTP and mark it up if needed.
I agree but I thought I was doing something wrong .

Back