• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Build 1.1.018 - Summary View now accounts for Spacers

Lloyd Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
When I changed how the Vertical Spacers were created, the code needed to be changed so that the Segment Edge Length would take the Spacers into consideration.

The Segment Edge Length (S.E.L.) now is reduced for each row in which a spacer exists.

PLEASE NOTE: The Spacer is a piece of wood with parallel sides. This means that it is simply glued to one angled edge of each segment in that row. Since this piece of wood is angled, the value you assigned to the spacer is adjusted for the angle based on the number of segments in that row so if you have specified a spacer width .25", for example, the actual reduction of the S.E.L. will be more than .25".

Last edited:
I hate to ask, but what is still on your list?

Just so you know, in asking this question, I am not committing to doing any of the things on your list.
:p

Palette pick button changed to pull down list
Paint touch pad enabled
Profile and Plan category add “No Category”
Profile and Plan category add “Imported” imported items get added to imported category
Bowl view fits entire window
Vertical Spacers only work with feature ring, add to painted or plain bowl
Add save file name to plans
Moving profile points above or below window make profile un-editable
Add save file name to Rings PDF
Be able to multiple sold rings on top
Painted added to bowl with feature ring

Some feedback...
Palette pick button changed to pull down list - no problem
Paint touch pad enabled - shouldn't be too difficult
Profile and Plan category add “No Category” - shouldn't be too difficult
Profile and Plan category add “Imported” imported items get added to imported category - no problem
Bowl view fits entire window - likely to be difficult. Increasing the size of the palette effects the users of all screen resolutions. Enlarging it on a high-res monitor makes it unusable on a lower (768 dpi) monitor. Shifting to dynamically setting window sizes makes my teeth itch. Not a good sign.
Vertical Spacers only work with feature ring, add to painted or plain bowl - Since I've never seen a painted segment bowl or a tornado bowl with spacers, I'm goint to have to be convinced this is worth the penalty in adding complexity to the interface. I'm not currently convinced.
Add save file name to plans - no problem
Moving profile points above or below window make profile un-editable - no problem
Add save file name to Rings PDF - no problem
Be able to multiple sold rings on top - sounds like a great plan for Woodturner PRO
Painted added to bowl with feature ring - BIG effort, but is on the list.

So I see 8 out of your 11 that I can and will do. That's a lot better than I was expecting.
No work on this will be done until the newsletter has been out for a few weeks. It is ready, as is the mailing list and I'll send it out as soon as I get back from NYC.

Thanks!

Back