• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Version 1.1.010

Minor bug fixes - behind the scenes, stuff.

I'll have a new one out shortly that will have a new Summary View but will just post a link to it until I get some feedback.

On the summary view. I just tried to use it with a feature ring and painted segments. The summary view does not show the different species quantity. You have to print a second summary with just painted segments and than pencil in the #'s onto the feature ring summary. Unless I'm doing something wrong or is this the way it is suppose to be. Also the painted segments don't show up on the feature ring view. To see them you have to go to the painted segment view which than adds a couple rings to make up the height. I may need to use woodturner pro when I do a bowl like this, but I like the painting features and optimizing summary sheet on segment pro.

Bluemax can up upload the file?
You will need to load the file, then go to Share up in the top menu and pick export.
The file will be in your My Segment PRO directory in My Documents.
Then just drag and drop the file in the message area.

Also, Lloyd is working on the summary view right now so that my be part of your problem?

Bob

This is the file I was working on. The other thing I noticed was I had put a spacer in the feature ring which showed in the view but in the summary it subtracted that spacer width from all the default rings but not the accent rings. I can work around this . I just bring it up in case I'm doing something wrong.

Attachments

• 2017-2-17-9-54-2.json
    66.8 KB · Views: 30
First off vertical spaces are not fully implemented, and vertical spacers are not painted.
And I believe right now you can not do a painted bowl with a feature ring.

If you remove the feature ring the painting shows up

If you look at the S.E.L. you will see they are all .125" to small because it is using a spacer of .125". If you flip it back to the feature ring view and summary you will see the difference if you put the spacers to 0 on the feature ring.. It's O.K. because I know what I am working with until the program gets updated. I'll just do it without spacers and subtract them from the S.E.L. when I cut them. All's good.

That is the version I'm using. The SEL isn't significantly different for painted and feature ring but it is different. Maybe it is in the way it is calculated. All I did was flip back and forth between the 2 versions layouts with the same profile. Maybe the extra rings at the top cause a change at the bottom. The only reason I bring it up is so people will be aware. I think if I'm doing a feature ring and painted I'll use the summary for the feature ring and manually fill in the painted ring info. Not a problem

I'm going to try to get the vertical spacers subtracted from the SEL today. Frankly, I thought it already was but then I remembered that I switched the method of calculating the width of the spacer.

Lloyd, when I am in the Summary, and every time I move a column to a different location and select Print Preview, Segment PRO gets an error upload_2017-3-7_18-38-2.png

If I just select Print, it is ok

For now, I'm going to change that to be an unsupported feature. I plan to make a big change in how the Summary is generated starting pretty soon. It will use newer technology to create a spreadsheet document. It should look pretty much the same as it is now, but I can then use a spreadsheet engine that allows a lot more manipulations prior to rendering it for outputting to a printer. Some of these things will include letting me programmatically delete blank columns and do some of the other things that gave much grief in adding the latest functionality to the grid.

This is one where I'll need to bring in some bigger guns that have worked with the new tools so that it can be done without breaking other things.

Back