• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

PRE RELEASE NOTES! PLEASE READ!!

Lloyd Johnson

Administrator
Staff member
I am pleased to announce that the download for Segment PRO has been created and is on the Downloads page.

THIS IS PRE-RELEASE SOFTWARE. IT MAY TAKE A WEEK OR TWO TO IDENTIFY AND FIX ANY ISSUES SO IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO WAIT FOR THE FIRST RELEASED VERSION, CHECK BACK HERE FOR UPDATES.

• INSTALLER WARNINGS: I have purchased a code signing certificate which identifies Woodturner PRO as a Verified Publisher and is *supposed* to instruct Norton (and the like) to allow installation without warning. It appears, though, that Windows 10 and perhaps some or all of the virus protection software vendors deem it important to let you know that the software is not widely used and the recommend it shouldn't be installed. I hope to find a way around this, but if you get the message look for a link to something like 'more info' where you will find a 'Run Anyway' option.
  • The software if fully 'Touch Enabled' so if you have a touch screen, please give it a try. However, it is obvious that the up/down numeric controls are too small to use without a stylus. I have an idea on how to address this which will be incorporated into a later release.
  • There are a couple things that have stubs but will either not call the function or will be populated with dummy data.
  • First, I'm adding the ability for you to select multiple profiles and when you open the first one and create your adornments such as painted segments, tornado and feature ring configurations, you can click the Next Profile and it will switch to the next Profile while keeping the adornments. When you reach the last selected Profile, it will loop to the first.
  • The Price Quote System is beta and I need input on it before it can be finished. Currently, it will show how prices are calculated and you are free to change the price per feature but it will not be persisted to the database. As soon as the pricing algorithm is finalized, an additional screen will be added where you can modify and persist your pricing instructions.
  • THIS DATABASE WILL CHANGE! Since there will be a number of upgrades over the next 10 days, it will not be possible to backup and restore new data. This means that if you save a Profile or a Plan, the upgrade will overwrite it with the database you seen now. Feel free to experiment with saving but remember, your changes will NOT BE SAVED.
  • I have noticed that some of the controls in the Storyboard are not keeping prior data when you return to the Bowl View and then return to the Storyboard. Please report these and when I fix them, I'll delete your thread so that I will know it has been addressed.
  • I have targeted 900 vertical pixels for the minimum size of the Graphical User Interface. If you use have a monitor with less than 900 lines, you can simply scroll the screen to view all controls. I would like your feedback to know how the GUI fits on your screen.
  • The Species folder is being moved to make it more accessible and remove security restrictions. The new location will be Documents > My Segment PRO > Species and this change will happen with the next release (in about four days). This means that if you want to add a feature ring image from Lamination PRO, simply click the 'Export to Disk' option from Lamination PRO and select the Species folder as the destination. As soon as you do that, it will appear as an available species with the name you gave it and it can then be added to any Species Palette.

Thanks for all your help. Ordinarily, a new piece of software has a development team, QA team, installation person, web master, store team and accounting department. Since my team consists of me, I appreciate your patience and promise to deliver you a bug-free and easy-to-use software solution which above all, is designed to be fun to use. For the first time in 16 years, Woodturner PRO has its first full-time employee (me) and I am fully committed to making this a fun and satisfying venture for all of us.

Lloyd Johnson
503-781-5117

Congratulations. I just looked at the 3 videos on Segment Pro and it looks super. I'm about to leave on vacation so I won't be able to download it until I get back. Great Job.
Dale

Very nice software. Is the measurement only in inches. Had been nice with measurement in mm to.

Lloyd response to this issue a coupe days ago:

Yes, I'll be turning on the support for metrics very soon. When developing software it is easiest to keep it all one unit of measurement and then make all of the changes to support metrics at the same time. All of the code is there, just not implemented.

Guess I'm having the issue you mentioned about the story board not holding input data.
Can't seem to get it to retain changes to thickness and number of segments.

Have you upgraded to the latest build? if not, go back to the Downloads page and get the latest build.

The build number of your installation is shown on the startup screen and also by clicking Help > About.

I can only respond to issues if they are on the latest build because they have most likely already been identified and fixed.

You don't need to uninstall the current version as the new build will do that for you. You also won't need to renter your authorization code.

Lloyd

And if you are on the latest build, please provide enough details so that I can recreate the issue.

Thanks, Lloyd

I have build .69. I'm sure that I am probably just missing something, but I go to story board and specify feature ring segments to same as default and increase thickness to 1.87" cause that is what I need. I can save it to plans, but when I open it again it's back to 1.5 thickness and segs are half of default.
Sometime it will show correct info on storyboard but not on summery.
I like to make feature ring first and design vessel around it. so I need to specify thickness, dia. and number of segments.
Just got the program yesterday so I'm dealing with a learning curve. I'm sure it's my fault but I need to get past the issue.

Jackie,

Since you are on build .69, it is certainly not your fault and I thank you for pointing it out to me with enough detail that it can be looked into.

I'm seriously thinking about canning my Quality Assurance Manager because he has let too many bugs go unnoticed.

I just hope I can find another job somewhere. :-<

Lloyd

Jackie,

I have found the reason that the feature thickness and segment span is not persisting through the Save Plan process and have fixed it. It will be in build .70 which is tentatively scheduled for tomorrow.

Thanks for reporting the bug. That will be $200, please (the discount price for new bug sleuths). I accept all major credit cards or PayPal.

:->
Lloyd

Ask for a "Bob" discount.
The 'Bob' discounts were discontinued after the Pack tarred and de-feathered the SeaHawks a couple weeks ago. Talk about animal cruelty.

The teams just about had to meet again next Saturday. Fortunately for the Pack, that's off the table for now.

The 'Bob' discounts were discontinued after the Pack tarred and de-feathered the SeaHawks a couple weeks ago. Talk about animal cruelty.

The teams just about had to meet again next Saturday. Fortunately for the Pack, that's off the table for now.
15780891_1364512250265886_3963875793752581611_n.jpg

I'm surprised you able to get that past the moderators.

Oh wait. You are a moderator.

Oh wait. You were a moderator.

:->

Back