• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

same problem with Design Pro transfer

Bill Casper

PRO Member
I'm running win 7 and cannot transfer to WTP from DP3. Purchased the three programs a few days ago. Tried running WTP as admin,no go. 3dp gives no option to open as admin.Transfer box is greyed out. also WTP won't open a .3dp file. Is this normal?
Help appreciated.
Bill

Bill,

Another customer reported this last night and while I'm trying to find out the cause of it, I uploaded a version of Woodturner PRO that will fix it. All you need to do is go to your Control Panel and uninstall Woodturner PRO and then install it again from the Downloads page.

Sorry for the problem, whatever it is. I haven't touched that part of the code for years and am not sure why it suddenly stopped working correctly.

Lloyd

Thanks, that worked, I can now transfer. However I get a error box in WTP when I try to open a 3dp file from the pull down menu. "not well formed"in line one box appears. Does WTP not open a 3dp file??
Bill

Bill,
3D Design PRO is the program that allows you to create wall profiles. In Version 3, I added some of the tools from 3DP to Woodturner PRO that will let you do some manipulation of the wall profile.

3D Design PRO can only open files with the extension .3dp and Woodturner PRO can only open files with the extension .wtp.

Lloyd

Bill,
3D Design PRO is the program that allows you to create wall profiles. In Version 3, I added some of the tools from 3DP to Woodturner PRO that will let you do some manipulation of the wall profile.

3D Design PRO can only open files with the extension .3dp and Woodturner PRO can only open files with the extension .wtp.

Lloyd
Lloyd,
One of your tutorials referenced an upcoming tut on how to get a photograph into the 3dp program. I couldn't find it, is it there somewhere?
Thanks for all your help.
Bill

Bill,
watch the Tornado Globe, Part 1 in the 'Software Tutorials' forum category and you'll see this process demonstrated. The menu item is Tools > Background Photo > Add/Remove, but the tutorial will show additional details.

Lloyd

Back