• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Windows 10

Rick

PRO Member
I'm thinking about upgrading to windows 10 and one of the considerations is software I use often sometimes does not run on a new OS. Will the woodturner pro package run on windows 10. If you haven't tested it yet I will try installing it on my son's computer this weekend when I visit him, try it and then uninstall. If you haven't got back to me before I leave tomorrow I'll let you know what I find.

I upgraded my computers about a week ago to win 10, I have not had any problems with any of my programs including my woodturner pro package

Thanks Guys good to know. When I upgraded from XP to 7 I had software and hardware that wouldn't work any more.

I upgraded one of my computers from Win 7 to Win 10 about 6 weeks ago. All my commercial, productivity s/w worked but I do have a few shareware and a couple of games that do not run.

Just a tip - if you miss the Windows 7 Start Menu (and who doesn't), you can add it back using one of the many 3rd party solutions. My favorite is Classic Shell. It is freeware, but does ask for a donation which I gladly gave. I'm glad that Microsoft dropped the big tiles of Windows 8.x, but I don't like the small tiles any better. The Classic Shell just seems more user friendly to me, but perhaps I'm just stuck in the past.

Lloyd

I'll likely pass on upgrading to windows 10. Microsoft is supposed to be providing support for 7 until 2020 so I'll likely wait until then. Maybe I'm lucky but I got my first computer in 1982 and have only had 1 hard drive fail on me since and that was a lightning strike that totally fried my computer and a lot of other electronics in the house. Apparently with Windows 10 once installed you can build yourself an installation DVD but it ties itself to the BIOS serial # in your computer. This means if your hard drive fails you can re-install the OS but if your motherboard fails or you upgrade to a new computer you have to buy an new OS. With this and the privacy issues that have been expressed about Windows 10 I'll likely pick up a second computer and install linux on it before windows 7 support ends. For those who don't want to install 10 without their knowledge here is a link to a newsletter article I subscribe to about 10 and how to prevent it from installing itself.

http://email.windowssecrets.com/wf/...rtT7R20cmJui-2Bt3j-2B5mmtlZOTA-2Fhd6JUHbmk-3D

Last edited:
Back