• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

3rd generation question

justover7

PRO Member
Hello........... I'm attempting another travel mug; this time with 3rd gen. feature ring. My plan is to cut the second gen with a compound cut to form a 3rd gen. seg. My question is; do I need to try to cut the 2nd gen laminate as to hit the imaginary center of the rdu in the center of the laminate?

Thanks..........................

I assume you are looking at the Charles Rannefeld book and this is a very interesting technique. Unfortunately, he does not make it clear where that cut is to be made, but I don't think it is the center of the repeating unit. I suspect it is the middle of the left (declining) or right (inclinding) strip and yes, it will be necessary to target this cut in the middle of the board where it cannot be seen.

I would test this on a first generation chevron and I think it will be pretty clear where that cut should be made after a single attempt.

If I get the chance I'll simulate it in SketchUp where it should be pretty easy try different settings.

Lloyd

Did you use a compound cut on your first travel mug? If so, you will do it exactly the same way starting with a 2nd generation board.

No After I made 2nd gen I just eyeballed & cut segments. However; I had to scrap the 3 rd gen I made a error & will not have enough segment material. I'm going to try & maake a small 2nd gen cutting board out of remaining material.

Back