• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

View Spacers

Dale Ford

PRO Member
When I insert spacers in Segpro they are not displayed in the bowl view but do change the segment dimensions in the summary view. Is there a way to have them displayed in Bowl view as they are in Woodturner pro?

In SP spacers work with the Bowl Setting of Featured ring.
- Set the spacer width
- Set the Add Spacers to either Default, Featured, or All rings. (Default rings are rings not part of the featured ring).

To use spacers you must select featured ring in the bowl settings.
If you do not want a featured ring you can modify setting to make the featured ring like a default ring.

Select Pallets
- Modify the pallet you want to use by adjusting species 1, 8 and featured to the same species
- when done go to bowl view

Select Storyboard.
-make sure the pallet you are using is showing in the species pallet in storyboard.
- make sure featured ring and featured ring only is selected.
- Featured Ring, thickness can be set to the same as your other rings.
- segment calculations set to same as default.
- species should be 1 or 10 from the pallet.
- Top Row, Base Row and Accent Row should be unchecked.

Return to bowl view.

You should now have a vessel that has no featured ring but with spacers

Hope this helps.

If you are not seeing the vertical spacers in Segment PRO, it may be because the species is the same as your default species and this is because I didn’t make it clear how to select the species. In the Pallete, species one is the default species for the bowl, species two is the species for the base and, of course, species 10 is used for the feature ring. The software identifies these. The vertical space is species number 4 but it doesn’t tell you that (I believe this is right, but I’m not at home and can’t be sure. If I’m wrong, I’ll correct this when I get home.) This has been corrected in the next release.

This is the only other species that is used for a specific reason.

Mike Fisher corrected me that it is species #7 that is used for the vertical spacers. On the next release, though, I’m moving it column #3 so that the special use species will all be together and it will be documented as such.

I’m also going to allow it to be used for Painted Segments and Tornado Bowls. Nobody would ever make one as it would look silly, but I’ve had to answer way too many questions as to why it doesn’t work on those bowl types.

Back