• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Importing a design

G

Gary Weichert

I seem to remember mention of being able to import a picture of a completed project, and having one of the three programs be able to trace the exterior lines. Am I losing my mind? Or does such a feature exist?

My wife loves my first segmented project and wants me to duplicate it (sans all the mistakes that only I am woefully aware of). I have found a SP "canned" urn design that is quite close, and if I have to, I will start with that. But I really like the ultra-flexibility of WTP and would like to be able to take a snapshot of my design (or the SP urn design), duplicate it in 3DDP, and import it to WTP. Perhaps I'm asking too much.

Like the Santa M&M commercial, It does exist. The image import is in 3DDP Tools menu.

In 3DDP
- Tools / Background Photo / Add Replace
- In the pop up box go to location of the image you want to use
- Adjust the aspect ratio
- move image to the left edge to show 1/2 the image
- trace outline
-start WTP and import the 3DDP profile.

You can take a photo straight on of your vessel and save the image as a jpeg or bmp. I prefer jpeg format.
Here is one of Lloyd's videos. At around the 2:00 minute mark it is showing importing an image into 3DDP.

Last edited:
Like the Santa M&M commercial, It does exist. The image import is in 3DDP Tools menu.

In 3DDP
- Tools / Background Photo / Add Replace
- In the pop up box go to location of the image you want to use
- Adjust the aspect ratio
- move image to the left edge to show 1/2 the image
- trace outline
-start WTP and import the 3DDP profile.

You can take a photo straight on of your vessel and save the image as a jpeg or bmp. I prefer jpeg format.
Here is one of Lloyd's videos. At around the 2:00 minute mark it is showing importing an image into 3DDP.

Thanks Mike! That was exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a try this evening.

Back