• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Adding species to Lamination Pro

D

David Kohler

I'm unable to add new species to Lamination Pro, even following the directions in the Help files. The .jpg files are in the Species folder but don't appear in the drop-down list. Any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm unable to add new species to Lamination Pro, even following the directions in the Help files. The .jpg files are in the Species folder but don't appear in the drop-down list. Any suggestions?

- I just added a species to the lamination pro species folder.
- Then I started up LP. The new species was in the drop down menu.

By any chance did you have LP up and running when you added the species.

I would suggest closing LP and open it again and see if the species is listed.

I did have it open but also closed and reopened LP. Deleted and re-added the new species with LP closed but it still does not appear in the list. I have the program installed on two computers, one in my office and one in my shop. They share files stored on a NAS. I don't think that is a problem because the new species is in the Species folder on both computers.

Strange.

I take the species is in the c:\Documents\My Lamination Pro\Species folder.
You are using the latest LP 3.2.019
The new species image is in one of the formats jpg, bmp, gif or png

If you are still having issues you may need to contact Lloyd directly.
or you could try a complete uninstall and reinstall LP.

Last edited:
I was having the same problem. I took my .jpg file and opened it in paint, then resaved it under a different name in the species folder. The new saved file showed up in my list of species. The old jpg file did not. Don't know why, but that is the fix I found.

The jpeg file compression protocol was developed in 1992 by the Joint Photography Expert Group. Today there are nearly 10 versions of this protocol that use the extension of jpg but are not true jpg files. Woodturner PRO uses the official jpeg libraries to compress and decompress images but if a file does not follow these protocols, it is not a valid jpg file. If you open an invalid file with something like Paint and then perform a SaveAs, it is written out as a correctly formatted jpg file. This file will be recognized by Lamination PRO but an incorrectly formatted jpg cannot be recognized.

Lloyd

Back