• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Frank from Cold Spring, KY

flkamm

Frank
Hello, new member here. I've been turning for about 8 years now. I took a class from OVWG and finished my first project. I think It turned out great and now I am hooked. I am looking for guidance on the software group and ideas.

Welcome to WTP forums.

WoodTurner Pro (WTP) gives you full control of your design. The vessel profile can be designed in 3DDesign and imported into WTP.

Segment Pro (SP) is Lloyd's latest design software. It is rules based for designing a vessel. It has a very easy and power paint feature for laying out pattern designs.

Lamination Pro can be used to develop design from a glued up laminate doing multiple cuts and glue ups. The design can be imported into WTP or SP.

I use all of the software. Sometimes I will design a vessel in SP and rebuilt it in WTP. Because of the different database structure one cannot import projects directly from WTP to SP or SP to WTP.

The forum is a good place to ask questions regarding the software or other turning questions.

Happy turning.

Welcome to WTP forums.

WoodTurner Pro (WTP) gives you full control of your design. The vessel profile can be designed in 3DDesign and imported into WTP.

Segment Pro (SP) is Lloyd's latest design software. It is rules based for designing a vessel. It has a very easy and power paint feature for laying out pattern designs.

Lamination Pro can be used to develop design from a glued up laminate doing multiple cuts and glue ups. The design can be imported into WTP or SP.

I use all of the software. Sometimes I will design a vessel in SP and rebuilt it in WTP. Because of the different database structure one cannot import projects directly from WTP to SP or SP to WTP.

The forum is a good place to ask questions regarding the software or other turning questions.

Happy turning.
I have these programs, not to learn them!

I have these programs, not to learn them!

Guess I was confused. I meant no disrespect.
What did you mean by , "I am looking for guidance on the software group and ideas."

Last edited:
Oh no. None taken, for sure. I meant that I just purchased the program, and I am looking to learn from others. I think spell checker got in the way! I think I meant to write "need to learn them" but my big finger got in the way.

Oh no. None taken, for sure. I meant that I just purchased the program, and I am looking to learn from others. I think spell checker got in the way! I think I meant to write "need to learn them" but my big finger got in the way.

The forums are a good place to ask questions regarding the software. The videos are a good place to start. Some of the older videos are a bit dated and may show features that are not in the current version of the software. Still the vids are excellent for learning.

Have fun exploring the software.

The forums are a good place to ask questions regarding the software. The videos are a good place to start. Some of the older videos are a bit dated and may show features that are not in the current version of the software. Still the vids are excellent for learning.

Have fun exploring the software.
Thanks, and I will!

Hello, new member here. I've been turning for about 8 years now. I took a class from OVWG and finished my first project. I think It turned out great and now I am hooked. I am looking for guidance on the software group and ideas.
My 2nd segmented piece done and on the fireplace mantel!

Attachments

• cid_17f845fc47af70573b11[14818].jpg
    cid_17f845fc47af70573b11[14818].jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Back