• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Closed segment bowl

tecaryII

PRO Member
I was asked to share this plan. The bottom of the inside was done on a CNC.

Attachments

• 2021-10-18-8-15-26.json
    176.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Phoenix .jpg
    Phoenix .jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 52
I tried to open your file but could not - said the format was not supported. What program did you use to design this turning? Did you build it up using a ring by ring basis or did you use an indexing plate and build it up segment by segment?

I tried to open your file but could not - said the format was not supported. What program did you use to design this turning? Did you build it up using a ring by ring basis or did you use an indexing plate and build it up segment by segment?
I had no issue with it. The project was designed in Segment Pro.
In SP you will need to go to Share / Import. and import the project. It should show up in your SP plan. Worse case after importing, close and restart SP.

Thank you mfisher. I used an open segment fixture (jig) to build it. Tom Lohman has a video of how to do this on his web site. I have different fixture, but the principle is still the same.

Perhaps Im not understanding the process. Going to Segment Pro and share/import - I don't see anywhere that points to this file. When I click on open above, it points to "Paint" which it says is not supported. So where do I import it from?

Last edited:
You need to navigate to where it was downloaded, that part is manual. Most likely your download directory

Too bad I can not open it in SP.
Not in Plans . . . not in Downloads.
Did SP say it was successfully imported.? I have not had an issue.

Check to see if there is an image in the folder listed below.
C:\Users\<your usernmae>\AppData\Roaming\Woodturner PRO\Segment PRO
and the two folders are:
Plan
JsonPlan

I have exported the one I have and attached it. See if that works for you. You should delete the file you have in SP and try importing again.

Attachments

• 2021-10-18-8-15-26.json
    176.5 KB · Views: 10
Yes. File was imported successfully.
Do not have C:\Users\<your usernmae>\AppData\Roaming\Woodturner PRO\Segment PRO on my machine.
Using Windows 10. Downloaded your file. Successful import, but can not find.
Chuck

Yes.
It may be a hidden file on your pc. Make sure you have windows set to allow you to see hidden files.
Have you tried uninstalling and installing SP again?

If you still have issues, I suggest contacting Lloyd.

If you can go to the file location
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Woodturner PRO\Segment PRO\Images\JsonPlan

If the json file is not there, try manually putting a copy of the json file in that folder.

If that does not work. I would delete the program and reinstall.

If that does not work,, contact Lloyd.

Thank you Mr. Fisher . . . your suggestion to manually place a copy in the JsonPlan file worked just fine.
Now all I have to do is get up the courage to to build it.

Very nice.

Did you do this as a segmented bowl or basket weave? I can't tell from the image.

Back