• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

oversize pepper mill

D

dalegillaspy

I am planning on doing a very large peppermill, maybe 4 feet tall. It will be functional, but mostly just a show piece. Wondered if anyone had any insight into proportions as far as diameter to height? I am going to use a regular grind mechanism and mill my own rod.

Try searching the internet for stores in your area that might have a large peppermill grinder you could look at and take some measurements.
Can't help you on this.

I am planning on doing a very large peppermill, maybe 4 feet tall. It will be functional, but mostly just a show piece. Wondered if anyone had any insight into proportions as far as diameter to height? I am going to use a regular grind mechanism and mill my own rod.
I made a 17" tall pepper mill as a special order and used a normal length mill kit. Instead of making the top knob a couple of inches tall, I made it 8" tall, burying the adjustment knob inside it. The owner's wife just loves it. I made the OD about 3" even though the length to diameter ratio is off because a real person still has to grip it. That silly mill had 25 12-segment rows in it but I made all the rows the same rough diameter to make keeping track of 300 segments a little easier.

I didn’t add any pepper mills to the Profile samples, but you can easily add your own by doing a internet search for peppermills and then click on ‘Images’. Find an image you like and download it to your desktop (.jpg, .gif or .png is required). Then click the ‘Image +/-‘ button in the Profile window and browse to the file to add it to the Image Editor. Crop it so that the left crop edge is the horizontal center of the grinder and the top and bottom crops are at your desired location. The right crop edge just needs to be beyond the grinder’s right edge and this will paste it into the profile window.

Add dots to make the profile and fewer dots are better than too many dots. Once you get to the bottom, your grinder will appear and you can then change the height to 48”. This will scale your grinder to 48” and keep the proportions of the grinder you downloaded.

I’ve made 36” functional grinders using this method and they made great gifts.

Lloyd

Back