• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Help needed understanding S.E.L for segmented turning

Hi Dean:
There are many vids available on the net on cutting segments for bowls. Here is one using a two fence (segeasy sled).

In the software summary sheet it will give you the length of the board, the width and thickness for each ring. it also gives you the SEL.
You should use a stop block. I generally use a digital mic and set it to the desired sel. Then I mark a scrap piece of wood align it on the sled fence to the stop block. Set the stop block and cut a segment from the scrap wood. I then adjust the stop if needed till I am dead on for the SEL.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dean.
Here is a vid on the seg-easy method by the creator. For some reason his website is not quite right. Had to find it on youtube.

Back