• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

How to cut up the rings into a bowl from a board.

A

Arlin Eastman

I know it depends on how thick I make the board to how tall or whatever to make a bowl or maybe platter or vase,

How do I cut the rings from each board??

So far we have just glued up wood and made a regular vase and bowl not never like a bowl from a board type.
We are hoping that others will send us their scrap lumber to do this kind of project by gluing it up maybe 3" thick and cutting it 1/4" or even various thickness of 1/8, 1/4, and 3/8 to get different color types.

There were three of us who glued up wood that 3 people sent and we used 3/4 of the wood sent. I turned the vase and the vet turned the bowl. I told him several times how proud I was of his work and how it was shaped. I posted this in LJ's and he seen the comments there and I now think he believes me.030420 019.JPG030420 020.JPG030420 021.JPG030420 022.JPG030420 023.JPG

Thank you

Do you know anything about how to cut the rings??

Guess I am a bit confused. Thought it was you and others you work with who made the vessels in your Sunday post with photos.
Do a search on dizzy bowls / tornado bowls will give you an idea on how to cut rings from a board. Since I don't do the typical dizzy bowl I use a scroll saw to cut out the rings from each blank. A while back I posted this project on the forum.

We just glued up board strips into solid chucks and then turned it. Nothing even close to bowl from a board.

This is some of the left overs032020 001.JPG032020 002.JPG032020 001.JPG

Attachments

• 032020 003.JPG
    032020 003.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 6
Arlin,
Download the YouTube video by "Joe Kramer bowl from a board". He goes through the whole process of making different types of bowls. The video will answer all you want to know about the technique.
Have fun

Arlin, Download the YouTube video by "Joe Kramer bowl from a board". He goes through the whole process of making different types of bowls. The video will answer all you want to know about the technique. Have fun

Thank you Bob

Back