• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

LaminationPro not saving all settings to file

Ed Korsberg

PRO Member
I have noticed that when you configure settings in the Southwest view such as Strip Width, Center Strip, Strips, and Export region size that these settings are not saved to the .lam file. Thus upon exit and reload of this saved file these 4 settings are not reloaded. This should be an easy software fix to include those settings. If not maybe I could help add this feature.

I would suggest you send Lloyd a PM, email or give him a call to discuss this.

What I noticed is I can save a SW design, open another LP file , then go back an open the SW design and the settings are correct. It is when I save a SW design, exit LP (that is close the program), reload LP and open the SW file that the design setting are not correct.

Looks like it would be a good update.

I would suggest you send Lloyd a PM, email or give him a call to discuss this.

What I noticed is I can save a SW design, open another LP file , then go back an open the SW design and the settings are correct. It is when I save a SW design, exit LP (that is close the program), reload LP and open the SW file that the design setting are not correct.

Looks like it would be a good update.

I assumed Lloyd would be monitoring these forums?

I do monitor the forum but I’ve been over my head with projects lately and haven’t had enough free time to do monitor it as I should. I also wrote the forum and am on the board of Segmented Woodturner and I don’t monitor that site like I should either. :-(

You’re right, Lamination PRO has some fields that were added later that doesn’t store some information. It’s on a pretty long list of things that need to be done but which I haven’t gotten to yet.

This is something I will move to the top of the list, though, as it really should be there.

Thanks for reminding me and I’ll let you know when it is done. Hopefully I can get to it this week.

Lloyd

I do monitor the forum but I’ve been over my head with projects lately and haven’t had enough free time to do monitor it as I should. I also wrote the forum and am on the board of Segmented Woodturner and I don’t monitor that site like I should either. :-(

You’re right, Lamination PRO has some fields that were added later that doesn’t store some information. It’s on a pretty long list of things that need to be done but which I haven’t gotten to yet.

This is something I will move to the top of the list, though, as it really should be there.

Thanks for reminding me and I’ll let you know when it is done. Hopefully I can get to it this week.

Lloyd
Thanks Lloyd.
Hope I didn't over step in suggestion they email you. I know your very busy. Just trying to figure out the best way to bring things to your attention.

Besides that is what you have Bob and me for to help monitor the site. lol

Last edited:
Thanks Lloyd.
Hope I didn't over step in suggestion they email you. I know your very busy. Just trying to figure out the best way to bring things to your attention.

I had offered to help somehow in the coding/testing of this software as a volunteer. I did look at the format the of LAM file and see that it is XML. I once wrote a nice C# module that would serialize (save to disk) and deserialize (load from disk) all salient properties of the application in XML format. Basically you just define a collection of attributes and it creates the XML for you.

Thanks Lloyd.

Thanks, Mike and suggesting someone email me or call me is always a good answer.

Lloyd
has there been any updates to LaminationPro that address this issue?

The current (latest) version of LP does not address saving the suggested data fields in the OP. Lloyd is aware of the suggestion. Not sure when an update to LP will be coming out.

I have finished the part that saves the missing information but there is a much larger part of the code I’m working on that isn’t complete and until it is, I can’t make a new release. I’m leaving for Alaska next week and so I won’t be able to get back to it for a couple weeks. That information hasn’t been saved for the past 15 years, though. :->

Lloyd

Enjoy Alaska, Lloyd. Thanks for the update on LP.

Been to Alaska 3 times. 2 was working on wildfires and 1 for a Fire and Aviation Program Review. I did get to take the train from Anchorage to Fairbanks. Beautiful scenery. Though the mosquitos can be a bit much at times. lol

Alaska is one of two states I haven’t been to. This is hard for me to understand because living in Portland, Oregon makes the flight short and at $300 round trip, very inexpensive. We’ll spend most of our time on the Kenai Peninsula and it should be a lot of fun. With temperatures near 90 degrees, it’s going to feel more like we’re heading south.

Now I just need to find a good reason to visit Arkansas. :->

I grew up in Arkansas, pretty place. Look at Hot Springs, Blanchard Springs Cavern, any place in North Arkansas would be nice.

Back