• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

First time open seg project

J

Jack Lewis

Right off the bat I am having the problem of cutting pieces accurate and small. How does everyone do it with out using a small miter box and by hand?

I use a table saw with a thin kerf finishing blade (80 tooth). The cutting is done with a segeasy sled. They are easy to make. There are also commericial cross cutting sleds that you can buy. I have had no problem cutting segments less than .25". In my experience it also helps to have the saw blade raised to its full height.

This link is to the segeasy site. Lot of great tips.
Title: Seg-Easy Solutions

What type of a project are you working on? How many segments & rows? What type of wood?

I have always used my tablesaw with a Freud Ultra fine crosscut blade. Starting out segment edge length can be very small. I will also stack strips together and put a dab of glue on the far end so I can cut more pieces at once.

Back