• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Chefware kits open segment jig

Gary Beasley

PRO Member
Anybody else using Earl Rasumssens open segment jig from Chefware kits? I like its flexibilty and fairly low cost for getting into open segment.

I have not built a open segment vessel, so I have not used the Rasumssens jig. The SCW woodshop has a couple of jigs (segeasy plates).

The issue I see with the ER jig is it is lathe dependent. Think it would tie up the lathe too long.

That is an issue. The thing I like about it is you can have variable segments in a ring with minor adjustments which if I understand the stomper system cant be done so easily. If you are low production like me tying up the lathe is of little consequence and its pretty easy to take the work off the lathe and put it back if need be.

Back