• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Segment PRO saved plans???

Brett Niland

PRO Member
Hi all,

I had a harddrive failure and had to reinstall SegmentPro. I'd been backing up the "My SegmentPRO" folder in my user documents on the mistaken assumption that SegmentPro uses this location to save Plans, Profiles, Palettes, etc.

So now that I've learned a painful lesson, where precisely is all the time and effort being stored. I'd really like to back that up as well...

Brett

OK, it's in a hidden directory, so you need to go to windows explorer. At the top in the menu on the far right is view, ribbon will drop down go to Options. A window will pop up pick view, then pick the radio button Show hidden files, folders and drives. Close the window and Windows explorer.

Reopen Windows Explorer, you need to go to:
C:\users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Woodturner PRO\Segment PRO\Images

The directories:
JsonCategory.............your categories
JsonPalette................your palettes
JsonPlan....................your plans
JsonProfile.................your profiles

Thanks Bob! I didn't know this either. Seems strange that this is in a hidden folder.

I am just fortunate to have the product available! Given the extraordinary lengths Lloyd has gone to for the benefit of all of us, I'm happy to work around a few quirks of programming.

I've set these folders up to sync to a network location so I can back them up regularly! :)

Thanks for the info Bob. You seem to regularly save the day.

Brett

Back