• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Can't find 3DP file in WoodturnerPro

Michael Jensen

PRO Member
I'm a new user to all three programs. I've made a profile in 3D Design Pro and used the "Transfer to WoodTurnerPro" button under File. However, when I go to WoodTurnerPro, I can't find the file anywhere. How do I import the 3DP profile into WTP so I can work on it? I don't see this issue discussed, so if I've missed something, I apologize. Thanks for your help.

Hi Michael and welcome to the WTP forum
To transfer a profile from 3D Design to WTP you need to have both programs open (running on your pc).
Start 3D Design
Start WTP
Bring up 3D design and open your profile.
In 3D design go to file / transfer to WTP or click on the pot icon in the 3D design tool bar.
You should notice the WTP icon in the windows tool tray blinking
Go to WTP. A control box should be on screen (3D Design Pro - Transfer).
Here you can select either the bowl height or width. Enter what you want and click OK.
The profile should be imported into WTP.

Michael,
If Woodturner PRO is not running, you should see that it is not possible to click on either the toolbar button that shows the segmented bowl (when hovering over it, it says 'transfer to wtp') or File > Transfer to Woodturner PRO. As soon as you start WTP, both of those become clickable. If you click either, the WTP icon starts flashing which means you need to switch to that program. At that time, a dialog box should already be present that lets you specify either the height or the width and clicking OK transfers the wall profile.
If any of the preceding steps doesn't happen, it means that the two programs cannot find each other in your computer's memory and you need to reboot to fix this.This is something I see about once every year and, unfortunately, there isn't any way to know why the operating system has a corrupted memory table.
If rebooting doesn't fix this, it is likely there is a permissions issue that is preventing the two programs from completing this task. This is also something I should be able to resolve using screen sharing.
Sorry that this is frustrating, but if you are doing it correctly and it isn't working, there is a problem on your computer that I can likely fix and I am more than glad to do that.

Back