• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Exporting to WoodTurner Pro not available in demo version of Lamination Pro

G

greatdane

Is the reason for this because Lamination Pro is a trial version? If you look at one of the tutorials and the Help File for Lamination Pro, there is a button to click for exporting to WoodTurner Pro. But this button doesn't exist in my trial version of Lamination Pro - which is build 3.0.91. Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay

I am also having trouble, but I have the paid for versions. The exported file doesn't show up in the species list, and I don't see any import image option in WTP. If I remember correctly, it used to work properly. Lloyd, can you look into this when you have a chance?

Thanks,
Jeff

The trial version is the full version of the software. The only difference is that it will not start after 30 days unless an authorization code has been entered.

With regards to transferring to WTP, it can only transfer after it has been told the size of the image to transfer and this is done by specifying a 'Clipping Region'. If you check that box, you'll now see the buttons that allow you to either save the image to a file or transfer it to WTP. The image that it saves or exports will be one repeating unit wide and the height that you specify as the clipping region.

Also, you must have Woodturner PRO running so that Lamination PRO can make its inter-process communications.

I'll see if I can come up with a way to make this more obvious.

Lloyd,

After I use the clipping feature, I can save the image to a file (with the dialog box that comes up), but after clicking the transfer to WTP option there is no dialog box in either WTP or Lamination Pro. I thought before that it would show up in the species list, but it isn't there either. I have attached the file I am trying to use- a second generation.

Attachments

• test design.lam
    1.5 KB · Views: 11
Jeff,

I opened your file and with the Clipping Region box checked, I could click the Export to Woodturner PRO button. When I did that, the WTP icon at the bottom of the screen started flashing which means that it needs attention. When I clicked on that icon, I got the image in attachment #1. I just gave it the name of '1st gen' and clicked OK and also clicked the button to add the instructions to the project.

After selecting the target row, I clicked the Species drop-down list and as you can see, it is the first item on the list (attachment #2). After selecting it, the vessel looked like attachment #3.

If your are not seeing the dialog box, it means that the two programs are not able to locate each other in memory to do the inter-process communications. If that is the case, I would reboot and see if that doesn't fix it.

You can also select one or more segments and then right-click and you'll see that the design has been added to this list as well.

There is an important consideration to remember when transferring designs from Lamination PRO. The designs (and instructions) get added to the species list for this project only. If you close the program and restart it, that design species will not be in the default list. But if you save the project, the project file will contain the design species, and when you re-open the project, the design species will be added back into the list. This has been done so that the species list doesn't grow more than you want it to.

If you want designs to be permanently added to the species list, click the Export Image button in Lamination PRO and save it to your disk. Then use the File > Options button in Woodturner PRO and add the image as a Custom Species. Custom Species become permanent additions to the species list.

Lloyd

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 15
Lloyd,

The programs were not seeing each other, and reboots didn't help. After poking around further, I found that WTP was opening in XP compatability mode, while Lamination Pro was not. I turned off compatability mode for WTP, and it now opens the species dialog box. Hopefully it will continue to work after the next round of Windows updates.

Thanks for the help,
Jeff

Jeff,

I don't think I would have thought about that. So I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem but thrilled that you solved it and it will certainly help others who have that same problem in the future. So thanks for your help.

Lloyd

Same Problem

I'm seeing the same thing. How do I turn of compatibility mode for WTP?

Jeff,

I don't think I would have thought about that. So I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem but thrilled that you solved it and it will certainly help others who have that same problem in the future. So thanks for your help.

Lloyd

Kosta,

You're really wanting to turn on the Compatibility mode which means that you want it to run like it would have run under an earlier version of Windows.

This will be a little different depending on your version of Windows, but this should get you close...

Click Start button and then open the Woodturner PRO button so that you can see the program shortcuts. Right-click Woodturner PRO and select 'Troubleshoot Compatibility' from the popup window. You should now see a window named 'Program Compatibility Troubleshooter' with two options. Select the option 'Troubleshoot Program'.

In the next window that says 'What problems do you notice?', leave the box checked that says 'The program worked in earlier versions of Windows'.

This will let you select the version of Windows for compatibility. I would first try Windows 7 and if you still have the same issue, try Windows XP (Service Pack 3).

Unfortunately, there isn't any way to know what exactly causes this because it rarely happens (five or six times in the past 10 years) and I've been unable to duplicate it ever. It is not the first time I've had an issue with Windows. :-<

Please follow up with a post of your results.

Thanks,
Lloyd

Lloyd,

Unfortunately that hasn't worked. Windows 7 isn't an option listed but I assume this is because it is the default (I'm running windows 7). I chose XP service pack 3 for WTP and Lamination Pro but I was still not able to get the export to WTP to work. I checked and saw that there was a windows update available so I did that, but still no dice. Then I tried uninstalling and reinstalling WTP, LAM Pro, and 3D Design Pro -still didn't work, but I don't think I completely uninstalled them as I didn't have to enter an authorization code again and some files I had created when first playing around were still there. Interestingly, through this whole time I have had no trouble with 3D Design Pro exporting to WTP. It works without a hitch. What should I try next?

Kosta,

OMG. It looks like I broke this is in the last update I posted a week ago.

I'll figure out what I've done and post a new build.

Sorry about that. I didn't specifically touch this part of the code but I did make some fairly significant changes. In the meantime, you can click the 'Export Image' button and save the image to disk and then go to WTP and do a File > Custom Species and use the bitmap option to add it as a Custom Species.

Lloyd

I'm going to roll things in Lamination PRO back to build 3.1.009 as that code still works correctly. My changes to the new build were fairly substantial but I have not been able to find what is preventing the inter-process communications from working. I'll figure it out, but it is going to take some time.

I've changed the installer on the Downloads page to install Lamination PRO build 3.1.009. If you have installed 3.1.011, go to your Control Panel > Programs and Features and uninstall it. Then reinstall .009 and your export will work just fine. The minor bugs that I fixed on the tool bar will be minor bugs again, though, I'm afraid. :-<

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll get things sorted out soon and will post the new build as quickly as possible.

Lloyd

Working Now!

Thanks Lloyd! 009 works. That's what I call customer service!!!

Can't wait to build some great stuff with the help of this software!

Back