• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

New to segment turning /Norway

H

Halling51

Hello..
I am 66 and now I am prepring for segments turning. Have been looking for more then 10 years - now it is time to act. With very good help from Loyd, Bob and Øistein I am at the start of a new turning life.
I want to go for different system to work with and need to make me a sledge, setup basestand og need a lot of wood. That is very difficult in Norway. But it will be sooner or later. Whish me luck.... Just now waiting for some packages from Can. and USA. Hopefully It will be working with some help,
Take care and Happy New Year.
Steinar

Welcome to the forum Steinar. Everyone here is friendly and willing to answer any questions, we are all learning so no question is to small. There is a lot of talent here and everyone shares information.

Hello again Bob.
I have found one here that will be making me the boltM33. Is there an idea to have a bolt over the table and make it bigger so the bolt is reting above the top plate and make it a bit smaller through th table and then at the end down to 12mm as the hole in the 72teeth wheel?

I would suggest using bearings to support the shaft if you can. You could put one into the jig top and have a shoulder in your shaft. That would put the threads above the jig table top which would be OK. Then put another board lower with a second bearing. If you would like I could make you a sketch if you need me to. You could use two 12mm bearings

Welcome to the forum. As Bob stated, this is a friendly place. We are all still learning. Ask any question. There are people here who can help.

Be warned. Segment Turning can be habit forming.

Back