• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

New Segment Pro user with a tutorial question

Jerry Norby

PRO Member
I am an moderately experienced turner who has done a few segmented bowls. In fact the first bowl I ever turned was a segmented bowl. I did not have any "Chunks" of wood only boards from my flat woodworking. With the help of the Internet and someone from a woodturning forum I was able to create my first bowl, a segmented bowl made entirely from Walnut.

My question is about the tutorials. Is there an order that you would suggest they be viewed in to keep a new user on a fairly straight path to learning the software's capabilities?

Thanks, from Oregon

Jerry, welcome to Woodturner PRO and the forum.
Lots of great talent here with people willing to help, so if you have any questions pelase feel free to ask.

As far as the videos I 'm going to assume your looking at Segment Pro.
This is kind of order I would start with, there are more videos but this will get you going in the correct direction.
One thing to note, is Lloyd is still adding features to this program so somethings on the videos may be slightly different that what you see in the current version of the program. So if you get stuck just ask and you will get your answer.
Try watching in this order:
Introducing Segment PRO!
Segment PRO User Interface
Saving Profiles and Plans
Species and Palettes in Segment PRO
Image Editor in Segment PRO
Adding Wood Species to Segment PRO
Painted Segment Bowls in Segment PRO
Summary and Ring Views of Segment PRO

Jerry, welcome to Woodturner PRO and the forum.
Lots of great talent here with people willing to help, so if you have any questions pelase feel free to ask.

As far as the videos I 'm going to assume your looking at Segment Pro.
This is kind of order I would start with, there are more videos but this will get you going in the correct direction.
One thing to note, is Lloyd is still adding features to this program so somethings on the videos may be slightly different that what you see in the current version of the program. So if you get stuck just ask and you will get your answer.
Try watching in this order:
Introducing Segment PRO!
Segment PRO User Interface
Saving Profiles and Plans
Species and Palettes in Segment PRO
Image Editor in Segment PRO
Adding Wood Species to Segment PRO
Painted Segment Bowls in Segment PRO
Summary and Ring Views of Segment PRO

Bob;
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Back