• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Adding a top ring and changing ring make up from default

P

PaulT

I am very new here so be gentle with me. Anyway I'm using Segment Pro and modifying a simple Vase profile. I want to do two things to it, but cannot see a way to do what I want -
1. Add a top segmented ring that is the same species as the bottom disc (every other ring remains as original.
2. Once I have achieved item 1 above I want to add a thin veneer piece between each row and between each segment.
Can anyone give me some advice on how to proceed. Thanks.

Welcome Paul,
The species of the bottom of the bowl is the second species of your pallet.
You can go over into paint and change the species on any individual segment, so you can paint that entire ring with that species
Right now you can not add solid rings to a bowl in Segment PRO

Welcome Paul,
The species of the bottom of the bowl is the second species of your pallet.
You can go over into paint and change the species on any individual segment, so you can paint that entire ring with that species
Right now you can not add solid rings to a bowl in Segment PRO
Hi Bob, Thanks for this I understand the response to painting the ring for the different species top ring but not the second part of my question where I was wanting to make a disk of segments that is the major segment piece (say Maple) surrounded by thin veneer (say Webge) all round. Since posting this question I seem to be able to sort of define what I want in Woodturner PRO but it took a while and I was hoping Segment Pro would do this job easier.

Woodturner PRO will do more things than Segment PRO.
So you can not add solid ring yet in Segment PRO

Back