Well the last project finished successfully, so now it's time to push the boundaries further. Last bowl was 60 segments so what the hell lets try 96 this time.
First a couple of upgrades to the glue up jig. The vertical lock on the jig was a little sticky so we fixed that. The we rearranged the setup on the horizontal axis to make it more user (that,s me) friendly. The biggie is a positive zero lock. Since my index plate is computerized, I can really put it anywhere and it will come back to it. But taking it on and off to put it on the lathe, sometimes it would get moved so then it was a matter of re-indexing. So I made a locking point on my faceplate and a locking point on the fixture.
View attachment 2529 View attachment 2530 View attachment 2531 View attachment 2532 View attachment 2533
Now that is done it's on to design.