• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

possible math issue on summary view

mfisher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lloyd, I was playing with Tom's free bowl plan. I noticed something interesting. Here is what I did.
- Started SP
- Load Tom's saved plan
- Changed profile to a different bowl design. SP converted the design over in the bowl view just fine.
- instead of 48 segments I wanted a design with 36. So I reduced segments numbers from 48 to 36. SP accepted the new
- Went into summary, got negative numbers in one species -4 16 24 = 36 segments
- Going into paint view and counted and got 6 18 12 = 36 segments.

If I go back to 48 segments (Toms orginal, the math is correct again.

I can only imagine all the calculations going on when playing with number of segments after a bowl has been painted.

I do not see a reply to mfisher's question. I am trying to do the same thing but the summary plan is wrong.
Want is the blade width used when computing the board length?

I do not see a reply to mfisher's question. I am trying to do the same thing but the summary plan is wrong.
Want is the blade width used when computing the board length?

If I remember correctly Lloyd explained the issue in a different thread. Just don't remember which one.
Basically, in SP once you start painting a design SP locks in the number of segments per ring. If you paint and then change the number of segments the software gets confused. The solution is to clear everything, set to the number of segments per ring you want and paint the design again

In SP the blade width is 0.125 (Doing this from memory)
WTP allows you to enter the blade width from the Option window.

Segment PRO has to keep track of every segment that has been painted. If you paint a bowl and then change the number of segments, the software still has the painted segments in memory in case you change back to the old number of segments. When you reduce the number of segments, though, the math isn’t correct because it doesn’t match what is in memory. So if you ever change the number of segments, you must reset the segments and repaint and when you do, the Summary will be correct again.

In the next release of Segment PRO, if you change the number of segments, the software will let you know that if you continue, the segments will be automatically reset for you. This will make sure that you repaint the bowl after changing the segment count and the Summary will always be correct.

Lloyd.

Back