Search results

1. F

Wedgie VS Lloyd's sled

Segment travel was due to a build up of excessive cutoff segments piling up and user neglecting to stop saw an remove them, it was a just one more moment Mom and then I'll do it. So I know the magic number was 8 for this size before it took a oneway flight. I need to increase the angle of my...
  2. F

Wedgie VS Lloyd's sled

I think both the Wedgie and Lloyds sled are pure genius, I can see both in my future. I just didn't clean my shop to make room for a shelf full of single purpose jigs for a single angle. I must have got lucky,I cut a sample ring last night looked good. Did my measurements and made another size...
  3. F

Wedgie VS Lloyd's sled

I finished my wedgie sled, it's rough but works. Still need a wedge, will pickup a triangle. I used my table saw miter gauge and set it to 15 deg both right and left and set both fences. Rough cut some junk particle board by eye so all 12 pieces are not identical before segmenting. Gentle...
  4. F

Wedgie VS Lloyd's sled

Martyn, I appreciate the insight, that does make sense. I was looking primarily closed and seeing which version to make it in. But I have almost finished a Wedgie sled build and can see an open segment Lloyds in the near future. I'm picking up a 30/60/90 triangle locally then will see about...
  5. F

Hi from Michigan

Thanks for the warm welcome, have spend time reading a bunch on here and learning a lot. Will have to watch the videos and try the downloads. I'm halfway into a sled build at the moment, and hope to get it done tonight. Need to get my glue ups finished by Friday, and have a turning/finishing...
  6. F

Wedgie VS Lloyd's sled

I know it's a loaded topic, but I need to ask. Anyone that has used both sleds which one do you go back to using and why? I'm currently in need of making a sled and love the adjustable nature of both without creating a pile of sleds to do a single angle. Actually was curious how many really...
  7. F

Hi from Michigan

Figured I better say hi. Been turning pens and occasional odd items for a few years, took a break for last 2 years when I broke the lathe. It's back up and running, tooling up for segmenting which I have only done for small turnings. More of a ooh here's a box of cutoffs that I can glue together...