• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Are the software programs compatible with Apple IPad?

Don Fillenworth

PRO Member
I just recently purchased the complete software bundle to run on my Laptop running Windows. I would also like to be able to work with the software on my iPad. Is that possible?

No, not by a long shot. The programs are way too powerful to run on iOS.

However, I may have apps that let you take output from the desktop version and let you take that to the shop, but wouldn't be able to change it. It will be more of a Plan Reader.

It would be a lot of work for basically no income. But I'm pretty good at math, and I know when things don't add up, so don't hold your breath on mobile apps.

What you probably saw in the other thread was simply a PDF file I transferred to my iPad. It worked GREAT for that.

Lloyd

OK, thanks for the reply. Just a thought. I'll work up my designs and cut lists on my laptop and print out to take to my shop. Thanks for all the assistance and support!

Any changes Lloyd? I have the new IPAD PRO Plenty of power.

I live on my iPad PRO and it is a great device. If I were to write software for it, though, I would have to start completely from scratch.

I wrote Segment PRO using C# with third party 3D libraries and took me a full year to finish. When I think about restarting in a different language my teeth start itching and that is never a good sign.

I hope that someone will develop segmenting software for Apple devices. Since I’ve retired, I’ve found that golfing, photography and music are a lot more fun than programming so it won’t be me.

I love serving the segmenting community, though, and so I’ll continue providing solutions on the PC platform. My software already does everything I intended for it to do so I don’t have to add additional capabilities. Having just returned from the Segmented Woodturner’s symposium, the instant gallery showed amazing creativity and a wide varieties of designs, nearly all of which were done using my software. It was very gratifying to see and I will continue this venture until someone comes along with a better mousetrap.

Thanks for your rapid response I appreciate you and all you have done for the turning community. Your software has saved me years and have fast tracked my learning and for that I am very gratefull.

Back