• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Oval Bowl
Jan Conradie

Oval Bowl

This oval bowl was made according to the method described in the book of Malcolm Tibbetts except that the legs were turned and installed afterwards. The light wood is African White Pear and the dark wood is Imbuia. The dimensions are: Length = 290 mm, Width = 195 mm, Height = 95 mm.
Reactions: Spongeworthy
Well done Jan, I tried to do the same bowl some years ago which ended up a complete disaster. All I can say is I know how much work went into it - so well done.

The first trick in making this bowl is to line the segment circles (comprising the bowl) up perfectly which I did not do. The second trick is to attain very accurate wall thickness throughout the bowl which I did not do. If you do those two things correctly and accurately then the bowl appears by itself - after considerable sanding!

Media information

Category
Segmented Turnings
Added by
Jan Conradie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings

Share this media

Back