• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
603649_425233897515638_1718876593_n
D

603649_425233897515638_1718876593_n

• Donnie
645 pieces of Bloodwood, Maple & Wenge. Its about 12 inches high.
H
Donnie,
That's a great piece and you did an excellent job with your feature ring.
Lamination PRO gives you a way to make the same star design and you may find that it will make things easier and faster than using the stacked wood approach. With this method, every cut you make will be at 36 degrees.
Start with a laminated board with two 1" strips of contrasting wood. Make a first generation board with an angle of 36 degrees and where the strips are cut at 1" wide or wider. Now, using the same 36 degree angle, cut the first generation board, flip it edge-for-edge, make your next cut and repeat.
Lamination PRO will show you where to make your cuts. With the first generation board displayed, click the Radial button and change to 5 Repeating Units and 'Single Strip' Radial Segments and then click the Circle button. Using just the top segments will give you a star and the bottom segments will give you the identical star with the species reversed - kind of a 2 for 1.
If you look at the tutorial at the following link and look at the 'Tips and Tricks' pdf file, the 'Relative Positioning System' is a good way to make your radial cuts repeatable:
http://woodturnerpro.com/software-tutorials/155-lamination-pro-tutorials-multi-generation-laminations.html
You can add a border to the star by simply adding a 1/8" contrasting strip between the two 1" strips.
Thanks for posting this, Donnie, and welcome to the community. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Lloyd

D
Thanks for the complement and the information. That way will make it a lot easier. This is the first vase that I have done. I was really happy with the way it turned out.

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Donnie
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media

Back