• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
Mark's Tribute #1
J

Mark's Tribute #1

This is a near copy of a work I found on the internet attributed to Mark Murakami. If anyone knows Mark or how to get ahold of him, I would like to thank him for the beautiful design.

I used this piece to practice the feature ring creation, understand the effort of doing so many veneer pieces, and discover many techniques. This is the largest vessel I've done to date (~11" tall, 809 pieces) and by far the most complex.

Thanks also to Lloyd Johnson. I used a channel clamping technique from one of his PPT presentations to create the feature ring segments.
Reactions: Gerald Fields
D
Your feature ring really caught my eye. With the walnut grain running horizontal and the veneer section at an angle...it took some thought to see how it might be done. I have added it to my to do list :)

Based on the comment from Dick Sowa, I have added a link to my website which details much of the feature ring construction. Thanks for your interest.

http://phiwoodworks.com/category/mark-murakami-vessel/

H
That's a great turning, John. For those that are reading this and looking for a quick description of the feature ring, it is a 1st generation lamination of around 30 degrees where no segments are flipped. If the alternate pieces are flipped left-to-right (which is the normal thing to do), you get a chevron pattern . It's a fun pattern and is even more fun if this pattern is taken to a second generations.

Lloyd

Media information

Category
Member Galleries
Added by
Jschapman1
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Share this media