Woodturner PRO announces the Segment Stomper!Combined with the SegEasy plates from Jerry Bennett, this solution is the fastest, most accurate method for adding open or closed-segment rings to your vessels. Please take a few minutes to watch this video:
CLICK HERE to watch the Youtube video.
CLICK HERE for pricing and purchase options.
The Pricing and Purchasing Options page is being modified. Please check back on Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience.To recap, if you want to make your own Segment Stomper, you'll need these items:
- 16" 1-1/4" PVC
- One 1-1/4" PVC end cap
- One 1-1/4" PVC table cap (CLICK HERE to execute Google Search). Drill 1-1/8" hole centered in cap.
- One 12" Pop-up Sprinkler made by Orbit
- Any 10" x 10" (or larger) surface, fixed or portable, with a 7/8" (or larger) hole in center.
Here's why the Segment Stomper makes such good sense:
- Adds the entire row of open segments at once - not one segment at a time as with most open segment jigs.
- Doesn't tie up your lathe during centering, gluing and clamping.
- Dead-on accuracy in centering rings and setting gap spacing.
- Make your own Segment Stomper in minutes for less than $20.
Production on the centering attachment for closed-segment rings will begin soon to ship in the 1st quarter of 2013.
The Segment Stomper will make a great Christmas Present to yourself, although you might have a difficult time waiting for Christmas to get started. Better yet, use the Segment Stomper now to create open-segment Christmas gifts.To get you started with the Segment Stomper, please download the attached file that contains Four Segment Stomper Christmas Ornaments. When you open the file in Woodturner PRO, you can access the individual ornaments by clicking on the name of the ornament in the Project Properties control that is at the right side of your display.
You can make your own Segment Stomper and simply purchase the SegEasy plates or, if you prefer, you can purchase a fully assembled Segment Stomper along with the SegEasy plates.
Supplies of the SegEasy plates that have been modified for the Segment Stomper will be limited until the 1st quarter of 2013. If you'd like to get yours so that you can use it for this Christmas Season, please place your order soon.