Build 1.1.016 - Summary View

Discussion in 'Current Build Information' started by Lloyd Johnson, Feb 18, 2017.

1. Lloyd Johnson

Lloyd Johnson Administrator Staff Member

Build 1.1.016 Corrects a couple computation errors that were introduced while adding functionality to the Summary View. The Board Width and the Board Length were both incorrect. Fortunately, neither of these calculations affect how a bowl is constructed.

Build 1.1.016 also introduces the ability to know the board length for each species that is used in a row rather than a single length that represented the total length for boards that were needed to cut all of the segments for that row.

In adding additional columns, it was necessary to change to a narrrower font so that the columns could be made narrower so that all columns would fit on a single landscape page.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
  2. mfisher

mfisher Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi Lloyd:
    I am running windows 10. I downloaded version .06 of SP. When I try to run the app it comes back with a message of not a recognizable app. I then selected to run the app and a windows smart screen pops up blocking the install. Windows 10 smart screen doesn't give me the option to run or not run. It only has don't run.

Not sure if others are having problems installing .16.

3. Bob Beaupre

Bob Beaupre Administrator Staff Member

There is a more information, look closely you'll see it. That will give you the option to install it

4. mfisher

Guess I need more coffee and my glasses. yep, clicked on more info. saw the run anyway box.
    thanks

5. Lloyd Johnson

What is really irritating is that I purchased a Code Signing Certificate and to receive it, they vet both you and your company. After you create the installer package, you have to embed the code which can also be a challenge. Once it is there, it is supposed to advise the security software that the publisher has been verified and to not block the installation. Then they block it anyway.

However, without the certificate, there would not be a 'more information' option at all. Your only option is to disable your security solution.

These companies really don't like small software houses. I'm glad that they're looking to keep us safe, but why develop a system to assist with this and then ignore it?

6. mfisher

I agee Lloyd. What is interesting is build .16 was the first time the windows smart screen has shown up for me in installing SP. My virus protections software does a scan and then ask if I want to install.

Program is running well.

7. Lloyd Johnson

It is certainly possible that I didn't get the certificate installed correctly. I'll check it as that would be a problem for others.

8. Bluemax

Bluemax PRO Member

I had the same issue but did what is mentioned above and it worked.

9. Bob Beaupre

I had the same situation.

10. Art Bodwell

Art Bodwell PRO Member

I had it as well but only on .16

11. Bob Beaupre

That QC guy again

12. Lloyd Johnson

Build 1.1.017 - Changes to code signing certificate.

No changes to the software but a new installer to test if code signing certificate is bypassing part of the security systems.

13. Bob Beaupre

QC guy must be back working??

Installed perfect no questions.

14. mfisher

.17 worked just fine. No smart screen. Just the same old virus scan, then install.

Thanks Lloyd for fixing the certificate issue. (I should have mentioned in my earlier post that one of the windows messages was the app was not recognized, hence the smart screen warning to not install).

If your ever in AZ (Phoenix area or Payson), I buy you a beer.

15. Lloyd Johnson

Mike,
    I'm anxious to get back to Phoenix and would love to finally meet you. I'll be buying the beers, though.

Next winter is a good target for me.