• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Big open segment vase

D

dovetail

Hows this for an open segment project.I don't know who the fellow is that made it but it deserves to be seen.Image 2017-02-06 at 12.09 PM.jpg

Hows this for an open segment project.I don't know who the fellow is that made it but it deserves to be seen.
That's Gary Graham. I've never met him, but I can see from the logo on his shirt that he is a member of Segmented Woodturners. His website is Title: Gary Graham's Wood Art

And just to show you how big you can go with Segment PRO, I built a replica of his bowl just to see if the software could handle something that big. Segment PRO had no problem, but I think I'm going to need a bigger lathe, dining table and fireplace. The height of the bowl I made in Segment PRO was 42".

Attachments

• Turning Only.jpg
    Turning Only.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 35
  • lathe.jpg
    lathe.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Dining Table.jpg
    Dining Table.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Fireplace.jpg
    Fireplace.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Display Case.jpg
    Display Case.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 27
  • Enterprise.jpg
    Enterprise.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Hot Air Baloon.jpg
    Hot Air Baloon.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thanks Lloyd.It is a beautiful piece.Wonder how many pieces and how long it took to put it together?

I used 105 rows at 3/8" with 48 segments per row to get to 42" and that was 5040 segments. I suspect my number isn't far off. OCICBW.

And yes, it is a beautiful piece and must have been a bugger to assemble and turn.

Lloyd

I think you could be onto something, Bob. This could be a great way to design the balloon for a hot air balloon.

There's certainly nothing wrong with thinking big. :->

Back