• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

My changes in LP not being saved.

cnsranch

Jerry Prinds
I gotta be missing something. I open a design I created in LP and make changes to it - Export Region, Strip Width, Center Strip, Etc., then save it. RE-open it and none of the changes I made are saved. Opens as before I made those changes. Have to do it all over again. What am I doing wrong?

There are just so many fields in Lamination PRO that not everything gets written into the file. Until I retired, I had a full-time consulting business and there was limited time for programming.

Now that I've retired to work full-time for Woodturner PRO, I'm working more hours than before I retired so things haven't gotten much better. When I add the metric support in a couple weeks, I'll also add the SW fields to the saved file.

You won't have to look hard for other omissions, I'm afraid. There's only so much a one-person company can do.

Understood.....please know I'm not being critical of what you've got here, I'm just trying to figure out if I'm doing something wrong.

There are just so many fields in Lamination PRO that not everything gets written into the file. Until I retired, I had a full-time consulting business and there was limited time for programming.

Now that I've retired to work full-time for Woodturner PRO, I'm working more hours than before I retired so things haven't gotten much better. When I add the metric support in a couple weeks, I'll also add the SW fields to the saved file.

You won't have to look hard for other omissions, I'm afraid. There's only so much a one-person company can do.
Thanks......while I'm at it, do you see the future including the ability to export a SP created project to WTP (or for WTP to open a SP file)?

It is hard enough making saved files saved from WTP work in WTP and the same is true for SegPro. The key will be to understand when to use one program or the other and that choice will quickly become obvious after use and then use the right tool.

I've got two more programs to write - Dizzy Bowl and a Basket Weave program and those programs will be far more valuable.

Bob,
Congrats on having a picture of your bowl in the AAW magazine!

Now being able to paint thousands of rectangles and display them in a different format makes a basket weave program a viable opportunity. It will probably be a design tool that will let you select either a circular design that could go around the rim of a platter or a cylindrical design that would go around a bowl. I'll also try to come up with some ways to aid in the layout of the pattern.

I'm taking a college Trigonometry class (I am a glutton for punishment, aren't I?) and I see an opportunity to use formulas to help generate patterns and it would be fun to experiment with that.

Congrats on having a picture of your bowl in the AAW magazine!

Thanks Lloyd,
Was a surprise when I first got an email from Jerry Bennett, it was a little cryptic asking me about the bowl. Thought there was something up.

Later I got a phone call from Joshua Friend, which explained things.

Now being able to paint thousands of rectangles and display them in a different format makes a basket weave program a viable opportunity. It will probably be a design tool that will let you select either a circular design that could go around the rim of a platter or a cylindrical design that would go around a bowl. I'll also try to come up with some ways to aid in the layout of the pattern.

Your absolutely correct. After the amazing success of the paint in Segment PRO, this is a brilliant idea.
That would make a prefect design tool.

When can I download it??:cool::cool:

Back