• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Hi every one from the UK

Tarek Ammar

PRO Member
I am the newest member to the segmented wood turning forum and possibly the least experienced in woodworking altogether. I am a retired Doctor (Anesthetist) who fell in love with wood turning once seen 3 year ago. I have done only one item of segmented work before now and having seen the website I am ashamed of showing it her, but will do as a reference to progress.
I have one problem with Seg pro screen and wonder if any one can help me solve this problem.
When I open the story board the band per row is not populated with any numbers. In addition the screen is no where like the screen in the tutorials seen in the forum.
Help please

Attachments

• segmented vase.jpg
    segmented vase.jpg
    887.7 KB · Views: 13
Well first welcome to the forum, second that is a fine piece especially for a first, well done.

When you first open storyboard it is in paint mode, there will be more to come with future updates with that. To work with a feature ring or tornado you need to pick the radio button by each description. Also make sure you are running the most current version (right now that is 1.0 1.1.002). Keep checking back as Lloyd is still updating the software with new features.

If this does not answer your questions please let me know and I will try the help further.

Tarek,

I just went to the Storyboard and see that I must have broken something because the band is not showing. I will fix this right now and let you know that a new build is there for you.

As for the screen being different from the tutorial, the Profile Settings pane has been removed and the controls that were there were simply relocated. The Height control is now in the space immediately above the pane where you draw the wall profile as this is where it makes the most sense to be. This is also where the Save Profile button was moved. The one thing that is confusing is that in the tutorial you are looking at, there are two buttons for the Background Image - one to add an image and another to remove the image. To conserve space, those two buttons were combined into one which is named "+/- Image". click that button and if an image isn't already displayed in the wall profile pane, the Image Editor will appear and you can either 'Open' and image file or 'Paste from Clipboard' and image that you have copied to your clipboard from whatever means you wish. If an image is already present in the wall profile pane, clicking the '+/- Image' button will simply remove it.

Finally, the Isometric button was moved into the Bowl Settings window.

I'll go get the Storyboard Band issue fixed and will be right back.

Lloyd

Tarek,

I have uploaded Build 1.1.003 which now lets you specify the number of bands.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Lloyd

Welcome aboard. Most of us has found that segment turning is addictive. The great thing is the software makes the planning fun. The enjoyment is taking the plan and making it come to life.

For your first bowl. Well done.

Back