Installing on drive other than drive C:

Discussion in 'Woodturner PRO Support Forum' started by Bob, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Bob

Bob PRO Member

I can not find, in the installation procedure, how to direct the installation of the software to a drive other than drive C.

I have two static drives. Unfortunately, drive C is the smaller of the two and capacity is running low. How do I direct the software to be installed on drive D?

Thanks for your help.

2. Lloyd Johnson

Lloyd Johnson Administrator Staff Member

I have added the ability to install the software on a different drive to all three programs. I did this once before and removed it after I had to spend a lot of time supporting people who installed the software in silly locations. Since the software takes so little space, I reserve the right to remove it again.

Re-run the installation programs and you'll see the new screens that allow you to change the program files destination.
    Lloyd

3. Bob

Bob PRO Member

Lloyd, I've had to replace a hard drive and re-install Windows 7. When I came to re-installing 3D Design PRO, Woodturner PRO and Laminaation PRO, the ability to install the software on drive D, seems to have disappeared.
    Space remains unavailable on my drive C so I need your help to modify the destination drive in the installation procedure. Thanks for your help.

4. Bob

Bob PRO Member

Lloyd, after re-considering the support headaches that are potentially introduced by installing software on other drives, I decided to re-work my installation. I'll find a way to run Woodturner PRO software from drive C. Bob