• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Glue setting times

Chris Neilan

PRO Member
Just curious, what is generally the least amount of time you let glue dry when stacking rings? I don't want to rush things, but it seems to me, that after two hours or so in a warm dry room, it should be dry enough to move on to the next ring. Not planning on turning it, just gluing it...
While on the subject of glue, I've usualy been using Titebond II. I have tried Gorilla Wood Glue (not the gross foaming stuff) on a segmented 2 X 4 bowl and it seemed to work out well. Any caveats with the Gorilla?

After two hours I will flatten a ring with a sanding board then add another row without any problem. I wait overnight if I am going to turn.

I'm with Glenn on waiting two hours before flattening a ring. An hour would probably be enough but certainly overnight before turning. Gorilla Wood Glue probably works fine. I use Titebond Original or Extend. If it wasn't for the mess I would use hide glue mixed up and kept in a glue pot.

Thank you gentleman! That's about what i thought. With the amount of work involved in segmenting i did not want to push my luck.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Chris

Back