• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Support for veneers?

D

dsgoen

I'm using the 1/16" of an inch to design veneer patterns, but it would be nice to be able to enter real veneer thicknesses. That way I could compensate for the differences of thicknesses without have to multiply them out first. And then keep me from having to do reverse math to get the real length of the veneer lengths that I need.

Yes, I want to be lazy and let the computer do the work for me!

Thanks,
D

Fields can either be drop-down boxes or data entry fields, but not both. If I were to have implemented this as data entry fields, you would have to type dimensions for every entry and that would have been far less desirable for most users. Many of my users are great woodworkers, but not great typists and the beauty of Lamination PRO is that you can do very complex things without complexity.

I'm certainly not locked into having just the dimensions that are there now, but since this is a design tool, I don't see adding a lot more items to the drop-down boxes when they don't change the design perceptibly.

Perhaps some feedback from others can help us get to a happy place.

Lloyd

'Tis cool. I know that what I want to do is not the focus of the program. But it's so much fun to be able to do this in real time instead of laboriously calculate everything (like Rannefeld's book) that I'm going to use this for some of my mosaic designs for guitar.

I have a friend here in Portland that is making rosettes for his guitars using Lamination PRO. I'm getting ready to build a dreadnought guitar and I may make a rosette myself using this method. This first acoustic guitar will be from a Stewart-McDonald kit. I've made several bass guitars and a celtic harp, but haven't tackled an acoustic guitar yet. I'm looking forward to it.

Portland is a hotbed of talent. You have several world-class builders there, including the famous Charles Fox (of guitar side-bending fame) whose jigs revolutionized the way guitars are now made. He teaches too, if you have time for two intensive weeks of building. At least you wouldn't have to travel and stay in a hotel, which would cut the cost in half from what I paid several years ago.

I played bass professionally and just designed some bass guitars to build to my specs. Upload some pictures of your instruments; I hope they have laminations!

Back