• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Trouble with segment pro authorization

Bluemax

PRO Member
I entered my authorization code for woodturner pro for the new segment pro and it didn't accept it. Is there something I'm doing wrong.

Hi Blue Max.

You didn't read the FAQ, I'm afraid. Segment PRO is not an upgrade to Woodturner PRO as WTP is continuing to be developed and will continue to be a product. Segment PRO is a rapid development tool that has almost nothing in common with Woodturner PRO.

Next to my lathe, I have a fingernail gouge and a roughing gouge. They are both gouges, but I know that for the task at hand, it is better to use one than the other. In using the trial version of Segment PRO, you'll quickly see that depending on the bowl you wish to design, it will make more sense to use Woodturner PRO or Segment PRO. For example, any vessel that requires painted segments can be done in a fraction of the time it takes to do it in Woodturner PRO. If you are making a gift or a cremation urn or one of 95% of the bowls that are made every day, Segment PRO can do it for you in a fraction of the time because it does all the work for you. You simply tell it what to do and see the immediate results in 3D.

Woodturner PRO, on the other hand, puts you in charge of everything. You add the rows, you set each of the row properties, you add the rings that will make up the feature ring group, you specify the species for both the row and for each segment. Because you can do these things, you can make 100% of the bowls that are made each day. WTP also does things that Segment PRO will not do - staves, compound staves, compound segments, wheel types, etc.

Most of the future development of Woodturner PRO will be in Segment PRO because it has been written in new languages and technologies that are the basis for all future program development. The introductory price for Segment PRO will is $69 and that price will be increasing before the end of the year so that I can begin paying for the development libraries I needed.

CLICK HERE for a link to the Pre-Release Notes
CLICK HERE a link to the FAQ:

And better yet, CLICK HERE to go to the collaborative area where a number of users are helping to improve the software.

Also, make sure you watch the video tutorials.
Lloyd

Hi Blue Max.

You didn't read the FAQ, I'm afraid. Segment PRO is not an upgrade to Woodturner PRO as WTP is continuing to be developed and will continue to be a product. Segment PRO is a rapid development tool that has almost nothing in common with Woodturner PRO.

Next to my lathe, I have a fingernail gouge and a roughing gouge. They are both gouges, but I know that for the task at hand, it is better to use one than the other. In using the trial version of Segment PRO, you'll quickly see that depending on the bowl you wish to design, it will make more sense to use Woodturner PRO or Segment PRO. For example, any vessel that requires painted segments can be done in a fraction of the time it takes to do it in Woodturner PRO. If you are making a gift or a cremation urn or one of 95% of the bowls that are made every day, Segment PRO can do it for you in a fraction of the time because it does all the work for you. You simply tell it what to do and see the immediate results in 3D.

Woodturner PRO, on the other hand, puts you in charge of everything. You add the rows, you set each of the row properties, you add the rings that will make up the feature ring group, you specify the species for both the row and for each segment. Because you can do these things, you can make 100% of the bowls that are made each day. WTP also does things that Segment PRO will not do - staves, compound staves, compound segments, wheel types, etc.

Most of the future development of Woodturner PRO will be in Segment PRO because it has been written in new languages and technologies that are the basis for all future program development. The introductory price for Segment PRO will is $69 and that price will be increasing before the end of the year so that I can begin paying for the development libraries I needed.

CLICK HERE for a link to the Pre-Release Notes
CLICK HERE a link to the FAQ:

And better yet, CLICK HERE to go to the collaborative area where a number of users are helping to improve the software.

Also, make sure you watch the video tutorials.
Lloyd
LLoyd
I ordered woodturner pro about a month ago. You said at the time that your segment pro was almost ready to be released and that I could use my activation code to open it. Otherwise I would have waited and ordered it when you released it.
Dale Maxim

Dale,

That bit of info would have been helpful. What I said is that you would get a free authorization code for it as soon as it is released and that's exactly what will happen when it is released. That should be within a couple weeks and then I have to go through the list of people that bought during that period and generate codes for them because the authorization codes for each person have to be generated manually so that the database is updated correctly.

So I'm about there. Please download it now, though, because it will run in the trial mode for 30 days and you'll have your code well before it expires.

Lloyd

I'm sorry. I figured I had screwed up and I had. I remember you telling me that on the phone. Again my apology.
Dale

Dale,
Certainly no apology needed. I appreciate your support and will do everything I can to make these products sing and dance for you. Be aware, though, it is just me pushing all the buttons and I have a LOT of buttons to push right now so your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you, my friend.
Lloyd

I had a project manager once that wanted a multi-layer table turned into a report that had some very specific requirements. She told me to make it "spinning and flaming". Probably some of the most complex code I have ever written, but, by god, in the end it was spinning and flaming!

I like the idea of writing segmenting code that is spinning. I'm not so sure about the flaming part, though. :=>

Back