• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
  • Due to a scam attack, the gallery is temporarily turned off. I am working to get this fixed but I have some other things that are higher prioriity. I do hope to have it back soon and there shouldn't be any changes to the content. At least, that is the hope.

Could use some input

Chris Neilan

PRO Member
I have been asked to make a segmented vessel for a good friend. He liked the one I did for our Rotary Club and would like something similar. There were aspects about that vessel, vase or bucket- not sure what to call it- that I liked, some that i did not. I was thinking about adding some thin solid rings to break it up, bit I'm not sure where to place them. This is only my third segmented vessel, and I am just learning Loyd's software!

Feel free to play with my file!

Attachments

• Bysko 2.wtp
    8.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Rotary Bowl finished 1.JPG
    Rotary Bowl finished 1.JPG
    247.7 KB · Views: 16
Chris, making a straight sided vessel with the design you have isn't going to give you much room. I have changed your top ring and base to be 1/2 inch instead of 3/4 plus made the top oak the same as the base. The only place I can figure for any small rings is above the base and below the top. The WTP file as you submitted has some pretty thick walls.

Do you have Design Pro. If so you might find some shapes that work better. If you don't have it you might want to try it or wait until Lloyd's new software is released.

Attachments

• Bysko 2 -Stuart.wtp
    9.7 KB · Views: 10
Thanks, Stuart. I thought the walls were thick, still not comfortable enough with the software to easily alter it. It does give me quite a lot of room for design change however! I do have Design Pro and have been checking that out. I need to really have some undistracted time to work on learning this software suite. It does look very good. I see on some of the demos that the wall thickness is highlighted on the view. How do you do that?

Click on the different bowl icons in the tool bar to see the various views. The green one next to 3dp works well plus the little glue bottle will tell you the size of the glue joint. Play with the different buttons and see what you get.

Chris
I've added a 3d profile to Stuart's edit of your bowl. I also reduced the wall thickness down to about 1/2".
I snapped it to the profile, It might be easier to make adjustments this way.

Attachments

• Bysko 2 -Stuart - Bob.wtp
    12.5 KB · Views: 8
Back