• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Miterset.com

Alex Garcia

PRO Member
Just watched a video on YouTube about this device. I have never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone here has seen and/or used one of these. Seems like it might be mighty handy.
Check it out at www.miterset.com

I probably watched the same video and they seemed to work. I have an Inca 5000 miter sled for off angles and I use a couple different Jerry Bennett sleds for my segments so I won't be spending the $130 for the set.

I don't really have anything like the incra system. This looks like it might replace a number of sleds that I have. Looks interesting anyway.

I don't know if there is anything like Inca that can be set to 25.714 degrees and cut a 7 segment ring, like in the video, that can be glued up without a lot of sanding. I would strongly consider it if I was looking to replace several sleds. If you do purchase one please be sure and write up a review

Interesting jig. I use the incra miter express sled. I have two incra miter gauges. The combination works well. Like Stuart stated, I can't produce a 7 segment ring. But again, I have not had the need for a 7 segment ring.

I may try and talk our woodshop club to purchase one in SCW.

I only got the segment one because that's pretty much all I do as far as angles on a table saw. I have a miter saw to do the other stuff. I will be making at least one ring for each position to test it. I am a little disappointed that there is no hole for 19 segments, but I will live. ;-)

Good news! The miterset segment jig showed up this week! I have been out of tow all weekend so I haven't got to use it yet, but I plan on cutting some segments this week to see how it works.

Before using the product, I have got to say that Jack Perry at Mancuso Precision Products gives AMAZING customer service. For some reason, I do not receive their automated emails, but I can receive Jack's so he kept me in the loop personally. Excellent example of customer service in my opinion.

I will let you know about the jig after I get some rings built (with pictures)

Sorry for the delay. I hate when life gets in the way of my turning. However, I have made some test rings using the miterset and, while it is not a Jerry Bennett sled as far as ease of use, it is amazingly accurate no matter what angle you choose. I need to do a set for pictures, but I had to update because, WOW. The jig is probably one of the easiest things I have ever used to set up a miter gauge and, as I said before, extremely accurate. I know most of us use sleds of one form or another, but if you want to use the miter gauge on the tablesaw, this is a good tool to have. Also, at $70 for just the one sled, it is not out of reach.

Alex, thanks for the update. I was thinking about this the other day but couldn't remember who or where it had been posted. After using it do you see a need to purchase the standard one as well?

I don't, but I dont do much more than segmented stuff on the TS anyway. If someone had the need, I would definitely recommend it, though.

Back