• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Red grid

Andre Belanger

PRO Member
In WTP, at the Cutaway view I add rows to full size to have a rectangular area for working a pattern. When I jump to the Vessel view, a red grid is shown over the segments. I would like to delete it because it is not useful. I don't like that at all. The only way I found to get rid of it is to apply the Profile SNAPI, but I loose the rectangular symmetry which was very helpful. Any kind of help would be appreciated to explain how to remove the red grid.
Thank you
Andre

The ring in which the red grid is shown over the segments in Vessel view , What is the inside diameter ?
I am guessing you have an inside diameter of 0 for that ring(s). If the inside diameter is 0, you will get the grid. When you snap to profile it changes the inside and outside diameter to match the profile.

If you want some fudge factor for the ring, you can increase the board width. This can be done by selecting the ring, and using the arrow key or arrow key + cntr to add material. This can also be done selecting multiple rings and setting the multiple row resize as proportional, specific or uniform.

It may be helpful for you to attach your wtp file. That way we can see exactly what you have.

To add to what Mike has said, the red grid is designed to advise the user that the rings, as designed are in error and that they cannot be used to make a segmented bowl. Often, new users look only at the vessel view and not the cutaway view and the red grid is the only way that they know that an error exists. If you post your .wtp file, I will have a suggestion on what you can do to make the grid not appear. I won't be making a software change on it, though, because it is working as designed.
Lloyd

I have made bases to segmented bowls where the bottom is not a disk, but a segmented ring with a inside diameter of 0. Which is basically a segmented disk. So the bowl being built in wtp has a red grid at the bottom. I sometimes change the inside diameter to something other than 0, just to have the grid go away in vessel view. You just have to remember to put it back to 0 when you print out the cut lists.

That's what I thought you might be doing and what I was going to recommend was not having the 3D Design Pro dots at the center be on the centerline. The SNAP function could then be used and you would not get the grid even if the bottom row was segmented.

At least there is an easy solution.

Lloyd

Back