• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

DAP Rapid Fuse Glue

Alex Garcia

PRO Member
I have been seeing alot of ads recently on the web for the new DAP Rapid Fuse Glue for wood bonding. Has anyone had any experience with this? Its kinda pricey and I am so used to using the standard Titebond PVA that I am not sure if it would be worth it for our type of application.

Any thoughts?

It sounds like it is a slow setting CA glue. I would be concerned about it being brittle once cured and how it will hold up over time. I use Titebond original but do want to take a look at their slow setting. I'm never in a hurry when gluing up rings or attaching them.

I would not use the DAP rapid fuse for gluing up rings. I have not used the new product. It looks like it could be used in place of regular CA for:
- filling small cracks in solid turnings.
- used in securing inlay materials such as turquoise, brass filings, etc).

I have used Titebond (II or III) in gluing up rings. It sets well enough that as I glue pairs togeather, by the time I am finished I can glue the two's togeather. As Stuart stated, I also am in not that big of a rush when making rings.

OK, read the data sheet and actually read the packaging when we were at the Big Orange Box store. Basically, it is just a slow setting CA glue, which is not good for the type of work we do. I will stick with Titebond Original

OK, read the data sheet and actually read the packaging when we were at the Big Orange Box store. Basically, it is just a slow setting CA glue, which is not good for the type of work we do. I will stick with Titebond Original

As I posted earlier, there is a place for using CA glue. I most likely will give the DAP a try in using to secure inlay material or sealing small cracks in solid turnings.

Be safe.

Back