• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Eagle Design

stuart johnson

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lloyd, When you get time would you step through your thought process and how you developed the eagle design? I'm sure it wasn't just a "I wonder what would happen if I" process. I'm about 70% of the way to understanding just how it is produced but of course that is after you designed it and then watching Glenn's progress.

Thanks,
Stuart

Good question Stuart. I often wondered how one comes up with a design like that and then makes it work through the process.

I'd love to tell you that I was attempting to make something that looked like a bird, but in testing my programming code using various button combinations, I clicked on a random sequence of buttons and the eagle appeared. I was astounded and couldn't wait to give it a try. My first project was a headboard which I had promised to make for my wife about 35 years ago.

upload_2016-3-13_9-18-29.png

One thing I will take more credit for, though, is making a SW design from a laminated board. I had only seen this process done using the Stacked Wood process and it just seemed to me that it should be able to be accomplished by starting with a laminated board. I have since made an identical design using the Stacked Wood and the Lamination PRO process and the time is slashed with my process. I now think that a SW design is the easiest feature ring you can make outside of a zigzag or diamond. It is almost always made from a simple 1st generation chevron and anybody can make that on a first attempt. My process does result in some wasted wood, but I always save the unused wood for other projects.

The new release of Lamination PRO that I have nearly completed will help users to better understand how to translate the design into a shop process. I've attempted to simplify everything as much as possible without sacrificing any functionality. So far, so good.

Lloyd

I clicked on a random sequence of buttons and the eagle appeared.

Well burst my balloon :).

Looking forward to the new version.
Stuart

Back