• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Greetings form LA (lower Alabama)

Jackie J

PRO Member
Hey Folks, I,m Jackie Jackson from Brewton, Al.

Several years ago my wife gave me a table saw for my birthday. I thought, how is this going to help my golf game? Then I got the hint, there was on help
for my game and it was time for a change. Then came a lathe and segmented turning.

I look forward to getting aquainted with everyone.

Jackie

Hi I am Maryke Dykhuizen from Saskatchewan, Canada.
I set up a woodworking shop in my basement, but only started turning a few years ago. I took a penturning class and was introduced to the turning club I now belong to. I have turned bowls for a year now and recently tried making a segmented bowl. For the life of me I don't even know how I managed to finish the bowl but it didn't look the way it was supposed to. I somehow cannot figure out how to obtain the circumference of the bowl. I know the lenth but am really confused as to how to get the thickness and width once the wedgie sled hits the table saw. Any help would be appreciated

Hey Folks, I,Welcome to the forum.m Jackie Jackson from Brewton, Al.

Several years ago my wife gave me a table saw for my birthday. I thought, how is this going to help my golf game? Then I got the hint, there was on help
for my game and it was time for a change. Then came a lathe and segmented turning.

I look forward to getting aquainted with everyone.

Jackie
Hi Jackie,
Welcome to the forum. I just got back from Foley, AL. Had the motorcycle down there and from looking at Google maps I most likely was pretty close to where you live. We put about 800 miles on and was enjoying your weather. This morning here in Green Bay, WI it is only 28 degrees

Hi I am Maryke Dykhuizen from Saskatchewan, Canada.
I set up a woodworking shop in my basement, but only started turning a few years ago. I took a penturning class and was introduced to the turning club I now belong to. I have turned bowls for a year now and recently tried making a segmented bowl. For the life of me I don't even know how I managed to finish the bowl but it didn't look the way it was supposed to. I somehow cannot figure out how to obtain the circumference of the bowl. I know the lenth but am really confused as to how to get the thickness and width once the wedgie sled hits the table saw. Any help would be appreciated

Hi Maryke,
Welcome to the forum. Segmenting can be a little confusing when you first get started. You might want to get a copy of Malcolm Tibbetts book, it's a great resource, this is his website Title: Tahoe Turner - Segmented Wood Turner Malcolm Tibbetts he also has some great DVD's
In the meantime here are a couple of websites that might help you:
Title: Designing a Segmented Turning - Canadian Woodworking Magazine

Title: Segmented Turning Calculator

Welcome to the Forum.
Take advantage of downloading the software. It can be used for 30 days free. I have found the software to be very useful in segment turning.

Back