• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Cutting first generation lamination question..

rtaylor

PRO Member
Capture.PNG

Why is it necessary to cut through the middle of the lamination on this type of design? The repeating unit is 2 strips and it is one generation. Would it not be easier to just cut them apart on the glue line? Is the program showing this as though it is going to go another generation or is it more accurate to cut through the center of the decline?

rtaylor

Rtaylor,

I apologize for being slow to respond, I'm currently on a hiking and photography trip to the Eastern Sierras have been out of cell range.

The cutting lines that you reference in lamination pro are actually where you would cut if you were going to make a subsequent generation. The angle of the cutting line is determined by the next angle that is specified. If you haven't specified anything it automatically uses a default setting. It looks like the next angle in your example is set to zero degrees. If you change that angle, you'll see the angle of the lines change.

If you don't plan on making another generation you should simply glue two strips together to make a full repeating unit. You do not need to glue all of the strips into a board. Generally speaking, if you intend to make a multi generation laminated board, simply get to the final generation and done don't glue those strips together just use two of the strips and glue them together to make full of repeating units.

I hope that helps, but if you have additional questions please post them as I am now back in cell phone range and will be able to respond quickly. If you haven't made a trip to the easting Sierras, I highly recommend it it is a fabulous place and I can't believe how many great pictures I've been able to take.

Lloyd

I am trying to figure out the diamond feature in gen 1. I am using 3 boards and use an angle of 45 degrees. In gen 1 i have the chevrons, then I click the flip button and have the diamond. Do you make a glue up then cut the board at the midpoint?
Directions: Cut the board horizontally, flip the bottom half and slide the halves.

Thanks for your help

Back