• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

Thickness sanders

B

bisank

Looking to invest in a thickness sander. I would appreciate any pros or cons that you may have on experience of using such machines.

I use a Jet 16-32, very nice machine. If I had bought this first, I wouldn't have a planer. I rarely use rough lumber, and the sander can thin material to 1/8" when taped to a board. I use it to flatten stock, flatten rings, and it can put an angle to rings as well.

I use a Jet 16-32, very nice machine. If I had bought this first, I wouldn't have a planer. I rarely use rough lumber, and the sander can thin material to 1/8" when taped to a board. I use it to flatten stock, flatten rings, and it can put an angle to rings as well.

Glad you like your Jet 16-32. I just received mine this week (ordered from Woodcraft). Unpacked it today to find that they did not include a manual for use or setup. No warranty registration. No written material at all! Annoying to say the least. I see it on-line, but outdated. I don't feel like sifting through the parts by trial and error on a piece of equipment this expensive! (This is not a complaint against Woodcraft, The product shipped directly from the manufacturer. Well packed by the way)

Last edited:
Chris, It sounds like they sent you either a re-packaged or returned unit. I would check with Woodcraft about more than just the missing manual and warranty card.

Chris, It sounds like they sent you either a re-packaged or returned unit. I would check with Woodcraft about more than just the missing manual and warranty card.

I don't think so, repackaged units are never packaged this well! Had to be two dozen copper staples! No sign of retaping or ever being opened... I will be calling Woodcraft tomorrow. I need a packing list to be sure all the components are there, and instructions on how to assemble and use this machine!

Does any one use a drum sander for flattening rings and if so do they come out perfectly flat or do you still have to flatten them and is your drum sander steel or hook and loop
Thanks
Al

I use a Woodmaster which is hook and loop. If the ring needs a lot to flatten one side I do it on a disc sander just enough so it won't rock. I then attach to a sled with two sided tape and run one side through the drum sander. The other side is flattened with a quick pass with a scraper and then sanded with a sandpaper board.

Back