• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.

WTP sometimes crashes when changing a row from FLAT to WHEEL

Bill Nuzzo

PRO Member
Hi all,

WTP crashes sometimes when I try to change a row from FLAT to WHEEL. Can't gigure out how to avoid it. Even tried rebooting computer. Any thoughts?

Bill Nuzzo:confused:

What operating system are you running on your pc? What version of WTP?

Does it happen with a new project file (wtp) or are you opening an existing wtp file and changing the ring type ?

If its an existing wtp file I would delete it and start a new project.

Thanks for your reply.
I am using Windows XP. It happens with a new file as well as an existing file that I am editing.

I have had no issues with running WTP on XP in the past. It is interesting you stated it happens sometimes. I have tried what you describe and have no issues with making the change. Besides this forum, I would send Lloyd an emai regarding the issue.

Only other thing I could think of doing is uninstalling WTP and the program, defrag the hard drive and install again. Before doing that I would recommend you see what Lloyd has to say. Also make sure you have the lastest version of WTP.

Lloyd recommended getting the latest update driver for my Nvidia video. I downloaded the latest, installed it and rebooted as instructed. Windows failed to boot. I tried safe boot, etc. Nothing worked. Now that computer can't be used at all. I'm f$#ked.
Needless to say, this communication is being done on a different computer.

Bill,

Like most graphic programs, we use OpenGl to do all of the video rendering. And abends (abnormal ends) are almost always caused by OpenGL not being fully implemented in the video driver and upgrading it is the simple answer. I cannot think of an instance in the past 14 years where upgrading the driver did not solve a problem like this.

The vanilla procedure of upgrading a video driver should never cause an operating system to become unusable so I suspect something else was going on.

I am not unsympathetic, though. I don't believe this had anything to do with my software, but I'm going to refund your purchase price anyway and encourage you to use it to purchase an upgrade to Windows 7. You can buy one on eBay for about $55. Since you'll boot to the upgrade disk, it will bypass your video card driver altogether and will give you the option of replacing or keeping your existing disk partitions. If you keep the partitions, you will upgrade your OS and the data will be as it was before the upgrade so be very careful how you answer those questions. Only do this if you still have the serial number or installation disk from your Windows XP as you will need it to perform the upgrade.

Don't you just love computers? I was 6'6" when I started my first software company in 1990. Today I'm 5'5" and I hope that I stop this downward trend.

Lloyd

Back