• Are you looking for a coupon code to buy my software? You can get one from lots of 3rd party sites but they won't work. My software never goes on sale and has never been discounted. The only coupon codes that are given is when I give a club presentation and I offer a discount to the attendees. Other than that, everyone pays the same price.
  • Due to a scam attack, the gallery is temporarily turned off. I am working to get this fixed but I have some other things that are higher prioriity. I do hope to have it back soon and there shouldn't be any changes to the content. At least, that is the hope.

Projects

sgholman

PRO Member
Does anyone know how to disconnect a plan from a project? I made the mistake of copying a plan that was already part of a project to a new name, and it seems the 2 plans have become one. If i change one, it changes the other. I use one plan for measuring, so i may turn each added ring to the finished size, and the other for cutting segments, which of course must me slightly larger. This is my first time trying projects, so far i've not done real well with it. What i want to do now is disconnect the plans from the project and add then in the correct manner, but each plan has the project name attached, and doesn't seem to allow me to do anything else with it.

tks

A Woodturner PRO project file can have multiple plans as you have found. Once you decide to add a new plan to the project, you can either start with a blank plan or start with a plan that already exists in the project. Once you make that decision, though, you have a new plan that has no connection to other plans. If you make any changes to one plan, it does not change the other plan. At least that is how I designed it and I use this functionality all the time and am quite sure that it works correctly. I'd take another look at it and believe you will find this to be the case. If you find otherwise, though, you might send me your project file and I'll try to see if I can figure out why it is happening.

The project file is simply an XML file that is human readable. You can open the file using WordPad or NotePad and you'll see that it is a very simple design that is easy to understand. Each plan is a self-contained XML document inside a larger XML container, but the software can only work with one XML plan at a time unless my coding was particularly bad that day (always a possibility).

Lloyd

Back